Blue Knights Named

Guest Dutchy

If they can save Rangers going into liquidation and give the club breathing space, enough time to get a fans based ownership organised, I'm all for it.

I want a fan ownership style, but it will have to be businessmen that gets us out of the situation that businessmen have put us in in the first place.

I might be in the total minority, but after his sensationalist comments stating we were going to be liquidated, I don't want Dave King anywhere near the club.

Thank you for the £20M and all that, very nice, but I don't want anyone with, and I quote myself: 'a sandwich board and a bell'.

To be honest, I don't want anyone near the club who can't keep their mouth shut. I would much rather all the talking was done behind closed doors rather than opening a paper, turning on a telly or firing up the internet to find yet another statement from people who, to my mind, seem more intent on getting their faces out their and building a reputation as some sort of saviour rather than just working away at the best interests of the club. I'm not fussed whether the new owner/owners are Rangers men or not as long as they are competent business men. There's a lot of work to be done and feeding journos lines to make good copy is not what the priority should be. I'm all for transparency but I am dead against sensationalism and this is pretty much what I've seen for the last week or so. I won't kid on that I'm one who follows the ins and outs of the money men and the hangers on at the club, rightly or wrongly, and I'm clueless as to the money matters but I am not getting a good feeling about Mr Murray and his Blue Knights.

I think the announcement of the Ticketus involvement, together with the fact that only 4 have signed up, means that the Blue Knoghts campaign to buy the club is seriously flawed.

It was promised to leading fans reps that Paul Murray had between 15-20 millionaires on board with each putting in at least £1M to get the thing up and running, and then a serious share issue and expanded board would be done in the coming season.

As this was over 2 weeks ago and they are now admitting they only have 4 members, and that their richest member (King) has withdrawn, it is now clear to see why they jumped into bed with Ticketus, which serves both of them well, but I would argue does not serve the club well. It is generally accepted that Ticketus are in a very bad spot and stand to lose their entire £24M in this deal, so it is easy to see why they would want to do a deal. As For Murray, the only reason to jump in with them is to try to keep his dream of ownership alive. A last resort of a desperate man in my book.

As for other contenders, Brian Kennedy looks to be the front-runner, and it is rumoured that Coisty has spent a lot of time with him in the last week to go over his ideas for the club. A Singapore group is also rumoured to be serious players, and have sepnt a six figure sum already on doing their homework for the deal.

As for us the fans, all we can do is get behind the Fighting Fund, buy tickets for our remaining league and friendly matches, buy the scarves, support your local RSC fundraisers which will all be happening soon, and get behind the Manager and team.

I have a good friend who's lived and worked in Singapore for years, he owns a very successful company (or is a share holder) I asked him on facebook if he'd heard anything, or would have an idea who the Singaporean bidder could be.

This is his reply copy and pasted " No idea mate, plenty of wealthy people in Singapore, i'd expect they would only be interested in whatever they can make from the club"

I know this won't come to any shock to most of us, but we are all grasping for info hence why i've posted it

I'm sure most know how strict Singapore law is, so this might not be a bad lot to take us forwards if they do get us

My opinion, with the likes of that Singapore investment - well if they're looking to make what they can then surely they will go about things properly and give the club some stability so that when they come to sell they're going to make the best profit they can? Surely can only be a good thing? Rather than someone whose motives are more personal?

My opinion, with the likes of that Singapore investment - well if they're looking to make what they can then surely they will go about things properly and give the club some stability so that when they come to sell they're going to make the best profit they can? Surely can only be a good thing? Rather than someone whose motives are more personal?

Deffo mate. I know a lot of people think that the "Far East" all operate the same. This is very untrue. it's like saying the whole of Europe is the same. I've lived out this way a long time now and i've been coming out here since 1993. I like to think i'm pretty well educated about the region.

There's a thing out here called, "Face". This is one common trait they all have out here, they hate to loose it. Singapore is well known for it's strict laws, that counts for business too. If the Singapore lot do get control then i'm dam sure they will do a good job. I wouldn't be too sure how much fan input they would allow though, that would be their downfall. Unless it's a company owned or ran by a Scottish or British ex-pat which is a possibility.

I know some will think they are doing it to spread the Rangers name out here, sorry, that won;t work at all. You're lucky to find anyone out this way that's ever heard of Rangers that's not of Uk decent. Also, rangers games are on TV out here anyway, so that can't be the angle?

My friend has just this second posted this

"I hope it's not Profitable Plots, which is a singaporean investment company which has promoted locals doing business in UK, mostly land related, Steve McMahon ex Dippers skipper was involved with them. I have no reason to believe PP is invloved with a Rangers bid but they are bad news...."

http://singaporeuncletrader.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/update-profitable-plots-scam-claims-value-actually-twice-as-large/

Kind of pisses on my last post hahahahah> But still, if there was one country i would hand pick for honesty in business out this neck of the Woos it's Singapore.

I'm really not convinced about the whole Blue Knights thing at all....

Of the names confirmed, Douglas Park is the only one I've heard of. I know that he is certainly wealthy, but is he wealthy enough to fund a football club??? Same goes for the other 2 guys.

I get the impression that Paul Murray is gathering as many rich folk as he can, and getting them to input a relatively small amount in order to get the takeover through....but what about the ongoing costs etc. A share issue (as he suggested before Whyte took over), would certainly raise a good whack of cash, but what happens when that runs out???

While I don't expect any new owner to be constantly pumping money into the club, it's reassuring to have that safety net. Without long term financial plans, I can't see things being too different to what Whyte was trying to do....

But still, if there was one country i would hand pick for honesty in business out this neck of the Woos it's Singapore.

Agreed. I've had dealings with Singapore over a long period of time and found them by far the best to deal with in that region.

Agreed. I've had dealings with Singapore over a long period of time and found them by far the best to deal with in that region.

Yip, is there not a poster on here that lives there?