Has anyone got an insight how a day like today works?

Obviously we all know that all bids are to be on at 5pm UK time. So, what happens next?

My own personal guess is they will give a small press conference telling us how many bids there are and what countries they're from. I reckon the bidders will themselves ask to either remain anonymous or happily go public. I know we all want to know who's involved, but if a bidder want's to stay out the limelight then fair enough. There's a lot of reasons why they'd want to do this.

I'm going to expect the unexpected today, there could be disappointment or there could be a few positive eyebrow raising moments. Who knows?

One thing i think some Bears don't understand is that today isn't a cut off point, other bidders can still come in after today and put a proposal on the table. The "cut off point" is set by admin not any sort of legally binding contract etc.

I reckon there might be one more bidder come in next week once they know how many others are involved and think they can better them. Who knows?

It's going to a be a strange day as each and everyone of us is bursting to know what is what, i am prepared for disappointment though.

Lets hope we're smiling and satisfied by 6 this evening

What should start to happen today after they've listed the bidders is the Administrators will start in on a kinda pre-authorisation of given monies and check the banks ton insure the money stated is in the various banks.

I suppose then it's a matter of looking at the VCA's to see that they are in order!

I would then hope it's a matter of selecting the bid that has the most money to take Rangers forward ie help it grow. I don't think the bidders that offer the creditors most cash will win I think it'll be a combination of the two factors with the plans to put money into Rangers the biggest factor! They should also look at which offer will get the fans support.

From then I would imagine it"l be a case of the Administrators taking a VCA to HMRC and other Creditors for an agreement...

I don't think the bidders that offer the creditors most cash will win

The Administrators are basically there to look after the benefits of the creditors. Therefore offering a massive wad of cash to pay the various creditors will be deemed VERY favourably.

I think you are pretty mush right though....they will look at the whole package and opt for the bid which offers the best chance of satisfying the creditors and providing financial stability moving forward.

The Administrators are basically there to look after the benefits of the creditors. Therefore offering a massive wad of cash to pay the various creditors will be deemed VERY favourably..

That's the thing though because what they offer will be judged against their business plan - If they offer 10p in the pound paid back over time (as will probably be the case if we loose the big tax case) they will need to show a good business plan and any plan that is good will need to include those who will be ultimately coughing up the cash the fans.

For me, like Leggatt, it's a no brainer - has to be The Blue Knights.

Btw not sure why some of my posts are coming up double - must be summit to do with using this blackberry... Apologises.

For me, like Leggatt, it's a no brainer - has to be The Blue Knights.

Don't see why the BK's are a no brainer.....

They are borrowing the money for the initial investment from a company that has already loaned cash to buy the club before (Ticketus may become the first company to buy the same club twice in under 12 months...)

They plan to raise more money to pay off Ticketus and take the club forward by selling shares to the fans - again the fans effectively pay for a 2nd time!!!

Paul Murray has previously sat on the Rangers board for approx 4 years, while the club was for sale yet did nothing till the last minute.

He appears to have gathered together some decent business folk together, but lack any real wealth between them, therefore its VERY unclear how they plan on doing things.

The Sun has quoted them as the front runners, yet the administrators have commented that that is simply not the case.

At the moment, I don't think there is any real front runner, mainly due to the lack of details about the other bids. Hopefully things will become clearer over the coming days.