Site is running very slowly.

Guest Dutchy

I'm having trouble with the slowness of the site these days. In fact, it just gives up some times, and that's after waiting and waiting.

I realise there is probably a bit more traffic on the site than usual, I even thought my connection was not up to it, but every other site I go to works absolutely fine.

Can this be sorted out?

I've been having problems getting on as well. Finally getting on, I am told that there have been no new posts. Taking a step back I can see threads like this one.

Edited by Jim1955
spelling

Our hosts had a server attack problem yesterday evening unfortunately which meant they had to reset the servers.

Sometimes this takes no more than 10mins but unfortunately it can take a couple of hours. When this happens, you'll experience intermittent availability and slow access speeds. Very annoying but thanks for your patience.

Guest Dutchy

It's working OK today, but for how long, who knows?

I've been getting a lot of 'Internet Explorer can't connect you' messages, usually after changing from one page to another and waitinng for several minutes.

Sometimes I can't even get on, like last night, it was particulary bad.

I've been having problems too. Also, I've got pretty big Gersnet logos beside all the post headings. Never used to have that and it makes the interface a lot messier. Is this something I've inadvertently done?

Any ideas?

Hmm, that sounds strange - would imagine it's just your cache having to reload some images.

Suggest you clear your cache (via Internet options) and restart your browser.

It's working OK today, but for how long, who knows?

I've been getting a lot of 'Internet Explorer can't connect you' messages, usually after changing from one page to another and waitinng for several minutes.

Sometimes I can't even get on, like last night, it was particulary bad.

Like I say, we're reliant in the service from our hosts and occasionally it can drop for one reason or another. Generally though the site works well and serious problems like last night are rare.

We could install adverts and whatever to bring in money but we've never had adverts for the 12 years the site has been running and we'd much prefer not to start now.

Unfortunately, our main technical guru bmck is very busy in his personal life so he's a big miss in terms of investigating such issues.

Like I say, we're reliant in the service from our hosts and occasionally it can drop for one reason or another. Generally though the site works well and serious problems like last night are rare.

We could install adverts and whatever to bring in money but we've never had adverts for the 12 years the site has been running and we'd much prefer not to start now.

Unfortunately, our main technical guru bmck is very busy in his personal life so he's a big miss in terms of investigating such issues.

I don't mind a small vodophone logo if they are going to pay 3 million per year.:thup: