Somewhat concerned about possible foreign ownership...

As the news regarding possible buyers of our great club gathers pace and the official notes of interests increase to 4, I am left with mixed feelings about the potential new owners. On the face of it the BK bid looks favourable as I firmly believe they have the clubs interests at heart (being fans) and want to take the club forward with regards to a move away from an autocratic system at the helm and fan particpation to the fore etc. On the flip side of this bid, the Ticketus aspect is less savoury IMO and the apparent lack of "upfront" money at this early stage from the investors is also a concern.

Other bids seem to have fans excited as news of overseas consortiums have many dreaming of large pots of cash etc. but this also leaves me with concerns. As much as vast amounts of cash injection from a rich benefactor seems like the perfect solution to our current situation I would guard against any such bids TBH (if they exist). Do we really want Rangers owned by a foreign body with zero interest in our club or football for that matter? The history of this type of ownership is riddled with trigger happy owners with little knowledge of the game and the culture that surrounds it. That is the last thing we need IMO. We need stability. We need a new vision, on and off the park.

Ultimately I would probably prefer a model like the one suggested by the BK's but would like a more solid financial foundation behind it. At the end of the day, these guys are Gers fans and have a vested interest in our club whereas the idea of a detached consortium from beyond these shores is potentially problematic IMO.

Is anyone else concerned about the possibilty of foreign ownership?

I'm concerned by all the bids for varying reasons. Unfortunately, we simply don't have the information at hand to judge them effectively.

Obviously I'd prefer an owner that is of a Rangers persuasion but neither should we preclude any bid just because they may not be of domestic stock.

The Blue Knights bid is being done for all the right reasons as far as I can see yet it still doesnt fill me with confidence I can't see them being long term answer or being able to take us forward in way we'd like

Out of the known Bidders just now Brian Kennedy seems like best option at moment

In an Ideal world a Jim McColl type bid would come in and take us forward

On the contrary Max, I would welcome foreign ownership IF it was going to broaden our reach and of course they were responsible owners. All big IF's but I don;t see why we should be worried about new owners not being Glasgow based..maybe there would be less chance of emotive spending and reckless financial management in pursuit of success.

I would prefer if our owners weren't Rangers men, and simply invested money, ran us well, and became 'adopted' fans as a result.

I do not want people whose hearts rule their heads. I don't want us to follow any more 'dreams'. I just want sensible ownership and one which sees us thrive.

I would prefer if our owners weren't Rangers men, and simply invested money, ran us well, and became 'adopted' fans as a result.

I do not want people whose hearts rule their heads. I don't want us to follow any more 'dreams'. I just want sensible ownership and one which sees us thrive.

That's an agreeable viewpoint but whose to say a Rangers man (or men) couldn't improve the business because of their emotional tie to the club?

At the end of the day, the best business opportunity should be the one we back but I'd like to see our fan groups be more vocal in terms of improving our say at the same time.

It is quite simple to me.

What Danny suggests is the way forward IMHO... with one caveat that it matters not whether the owners do OR dont have an emotional attachment.

The only thing that matters is sensible ownership which sees us thrive - they can have a connection to Rangers if they like (much as though I am still skeptical of the BK bid, I would offer my full support should they take over) or they may not. It doesnt matter imo. The ONLY thing mattering is the piece in bold, lifted from Danny's post.

On the contrary Max, I would welcome foreign ownership IF it was going to broaden our reach and of course they were responsible owners. All big IF's but I don;t see why we should be worried about new owners not being Glasgow based..maybe there would be less chance of emotive spending and reckless financial management in pursuit of success.

Agree IF they are responsible but the track record of foreign owners has been less than positive and that for me renders that a very big IF. Outwith US owners, who have a greater grasp of sports franchises IMO, some of the owners have been wreckless and have been unstable for the clubs concerned. Look at Chelsea for example. They've had 7 full time managers in the space of 8 years. Look at the Venky's at Blackburn. Look at Portsmouth, QPR, Birmingham, West Ham. I also won't be that surprised if Mancini is looking for a new job come the end of this year at Man City.

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

Agree IF they are responsible but the track record of foreign owners has been less than positive and that for me renders that a very big IF. Outwith US owners' date=' who have a greater grasp of sports franchises IMO, some of the owners have been wreckless and have been unstable for the clubs concerned. Look at Chelsea for example. They've had 7 full time managers in the space of 8 years. Look at the Venky's at Blackburn. Look at Portsmouth, QPR, Birmingham, West Ham. I also won't be that surprised if Mancini is looking for a new job come the end of this year at Man City.[/quote']

The Qatari's are rumoured to be preparing a bid, one of the son's so maybe Mancini might fancy the job at ibrox?

Joking of course but, I think the playing field is different for Rangers in Scotland than it is for any of those clubs mentioned. We only have to be better than Celtic over the course of a season to be guaranteed a shot at the CL (albeit through qualifying rounds) and that is the attraction for them. You're not telling me PSG or Malaga are bigger clubs than Rangers..both play in far superior domestic leagues but it's the Champions League is where it's at for these guys. With a bit of investment there's no reason why we couldn't be challenging for last 16's and beyond.

We live in hope.