Rangers fansâ?? fighting fund - a statement

Here is a reply I got back after questioning paying debts to clubs rather than pay our staff first and foremost.

--------------------

Hi John

Thank for the email. This debt is a debt of Rangers Football Club and the committee along with the Administrators today decided this would be paid this week.

I thought that the administrators would have no say in where the RFFF cash was to be spent?

I thought that the administrators would have no say in where the RFFF cash was to be spent?

They don't, I think it's badly worded. I think the RFFF ask the admins what needs paid, the admins advise and RFFF decide.

They need better PR people as making a bit of a mess of this :/

Thanks for posting your reply from them.

Whoever sent you the reply obvously has no recollection of why Dunfermline got an SPL fine for ticket pricing irregularities in 2006. Neither do they know their own rules and what they told the fans.

The SPL are now involved again, after being informed that the administrators have failed to fulfil an agreement over payment for the league match at Tannadice on March 19.

I did mention this in my email but obviously like most it has been forgotten about and only recent times remembered.

I did mention this in my email but obviously like most it has been forgotten about and only recent times remembered.

They've fobbed you off, mate, not that I'm too surprised. I didn't even know that Ross Blyth was involved in this.

They've fobbed you off, mate, not that I'm too surprised. I didn't even know that Ross Blyth was involved in this.

I didn't know he was involved either. Don't think I've seen his name mentioned along the way.

I've replied again saying I will be making no more donations as they have not been honest with us. Some fans might be happy to have paid debts due to other clubs by Rangers but I'm not giving donations for them to do that.

I didn't know he was involved either. Don't think I've seen his name mentioned along the way.

I'm not sure if he's on the committee but he does deal with the Assembly Facebook page so if the enquiry was made via that then this is why he may have replied.

Arab Trust statement

Quote:

After being asked by several media outlets for comment, here is ArabTRUST's response to several reports from last night and this morning in relation to a statement made by Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Chairman Andrew McCormick.

"We fail to see why the current situation at Rangers should be used, by some, to fuel divisions between rival sets of supporters. This cannot be good for the game.

However, with regard to the comments in respect of the abandoned match at Tannadice, the Club advised that the decision to charge less than half price admission to both home and away fans for the replayed match referred to was due to extenuating circumstances, particularly the police and stewarding costs associated with any match involving an Old Firm club. Any residual amount over and above the operational costs of staging the match was reported as donated to the United for Kids appeal.

"Far from being "disdainful", the Club's actions were supported by the SPL and, indeed, in the Sheriff Court when challenged by one Rangers supporters' club. However in view of the Fighting Fund's stated reason for not paying Dundee United, it is somewhat ironic that their funds, donated by supporters, are now being used to settle the amount owed by their club for tickets which they, the supporters, had already paid for.

The football authorities must now take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that the rules of their competitions, including those involving financial fair play and settlement, are fully complied with to avoid further disputes and unnecessary tension between fans."

Derek Robertson, ArabTRUST Chairman