Prospective owner Paul Murray fears for Rangers' future

Prospective Rangers owner Paul Murray fears exiting administration via a company voluntary arrangement may not be possible.

That is unless substantial steps towards a takeover are taken within a couple of weeks.

And the former Ibrox director believes a lengthy legal battle with Ticketus could be "disastrous" for the club.

Murray is continuing to negotiate with the finance firm as he works towards making a final bid by Wednesday.

Continue reading the main story

â??Without Ticketus, it makes a CVA solution more difficult. A six-month legal battle could be disastrous for the clubâ?

Paul Murray

"We will be bidding and I sincerely hope the administrators choose us," he told BBC Scotland.

But Murray is not yet sure whether his Blue Knights consortium's bid will have Ticketus onside or not.

He remains convinced it is better to include the firm, whose money financed Craig Whyte's takeover of Rangers, rather than have them join the list of creditors.

Yet he maintains that he will only do business with Ticketus if it can restructure that £24m deal to suit the club.

"I'm working flat-out over the weekend to try to come to an agreement with Ticketus," he said.

"I need to be in a position by Monday to firm up our bid so that it can be submitted by Wednesday.

"Without Ticketus, it makes a CVA solution more difficult because, if the administrators terminate the contract, they'll become the largest unsecured creditor and able to block a CVA.

Owner Whyte remains a factor as Rangers look to come out of administration

Owner Whyte remains a factor as Rangers look to come out of administration

"That would also lead to a very messy and complicated legal process. A six-month legal battle could be disastrous for the club."

Murray remains hopeful an agreement will be reached.

"Both parties recognise this is a pragmatic solution, which is a good starting point," he said.

Either way, Murray believes it is imperative a new owner is able to start working as soon as possible.

"There are so many things to sort out - player contracts for instance," he explained.

"If it's not resolved in the next couple of weeks, I fear they might not be able to do a CVA."

And, of course, the elephant in the room remains the position of Whyte as majority shareholder and, certainly in the present owner's view, if not that of the administrator, secured creditor.

Murray says he was told this week by the administrator that Whyte would not hand over his shares to him, so how does he square that particular circle?

"He didn't say he wouldn't deal with other members of my consortium," Murray went on.

"But the administrators believe there are legal mechanisms to get the shares from Craig Whyte.

"What I'd say is, why didn't they start that legal action seven weeks ago, rather than now?

"The last thing Rangers need is more protracted legal battles."

Asked whether he believed Whyte would benefit financially in the long run from the eventual outcome, Murray said: "I have zero interest in providing him with anything.

"I don't know what other bidders would do."

Meanwhile, former Rangers manager Walter Smith feels it's important that the sale of the club is completed quickly to remove uncertainty for the fans.

"It's more encouraging for the supporters that it seems to be moving on," he said.

"The supporters, like everybody else, are getting a little bit frustrated by the length of time it's taking. Hopefully it can move on sooner rather than later.

"If it's settled, the better it'll be for everybody."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17572133

Has anyone actually got any clue about the Singapore - bid? Whether they have spoken to the admins directly by now, with Ticketus et al?

Despite the continuous mentioning of liquidation, has anyone of those fearing or pointing at it shown any reasonable explanation why such a course would be one that is sensible for any bidder? Given the conesquences for the club and its value - not just on the market - for years to come?

I have a feeling Paul will reach an agreement with Ticketus, for me the Administrators have been very poor , If they haven't got Whyte to pass on 'his' (what a fekking joke) 'his' shares then for me they deserve to be taken out and shot at dawn, surely to God they've already got that area covered! If not JUST WHAT THE FEKK HAVE THJEY BEEN DOING WITH THEIR TIME?

Time to get the Government involved!

I have a feeling Paul will reach an agreement with Ticketus, for me the Administrators have been very poor , If they haven't got Whyte to pass on 'his' (what a fekking joke) 'his' shares then for me they deserve to be taken out and shot at dawn, surely to God they've already got that area covered! If not JUST WHAT THE FEKK HAVE THJEY BEEN DOING WITH THEIR TIME?

Time to get the Government involved!

Got to agree, Whyte should have been the priority.

Don't see how they can decide on new owners without Whyte being dealt with.

Got to agree, Whyte should have been the priority.

Don't see how they can decide on new owners without Whyte being dealt with.

IF they don't have that covered there's only one rationale behind it - nice to see the RST saying so too, they are just dragging their heels and as David Grier is close to Whyte it stands to reason it's all been planned that way so as to lengthen the process and line their pockets.

They're a shower of crooks in my opinion and we need to start involving the Government if we're gonna survive! Liquidation is not an option - most of us won't support Rangers Rovers 2012, I certainly won't! How does it benefit the Treasury or Rangers if less than 10,000 turn up at Ibrox to watch a new team? That's even if they have the use of the ground!

Time for the Government to get prodded into action - I mean it's not like the SFA are gonna be helping us!

Edited by A Horse With No Name

IF they don't have that covered there's only one rationale behind it - nice to see the RST saying so too, they are just dragging their heels and as David Grier is close to Whyte it stands to reason it's all been planned that way so as to lengthen the process and line their pockets.

They're a shower of crooks in my opinion and we need to start involving the Government if we're gonna survive! Liquidation is not an option - most of us won't support Rangers Rovers 2012, I certainly won't! How does it benefit Rangers if less than 10,000 turn up at Ibrox to watch a new team? That's even if the have the use of the ground!

Time for the Government to get prodded into action - I mean it's not like the SFA are gonna be helping us!

If the government get involved then that will surely show the SFA for what they are worth,which can't/won't be a bad thing

If the government get involved then that will surely show the SFA for what they are worth,which can't/won't be a bad thing

The second thing they'd be asking is "while one of your clubs have been taken to the cleaners what have you in the SFA been doing?"

We really need to involve the Politicians if we're gonna stop these thieves disappearing with the swag!

In a couple of weeks we could be dead and buried and when the media run their various programmes one of the questions th Politicians will ask is WHY DIDN'T THEY GET US INVOLVED?

Had Celtic been involved in our stead, things would not have been left so long - the pressure coming from Politicians would have been ENORMOUS

Agreed the time has come to involve Westminster and Holyrood.

And the SFA/SFL.

What happened yesterday wasn't what it appears to be. It was a political handwashing.

"Not my fault - I've done everything within my power- blah de blah ..."

Regan deserves to be hung out to dry.

Even non-Rangers fans I talk to know that.

Sooner or later there will be an Inquiry - I fear it will be later.

The immediate issue is pressure.

The MP for Glasgow South West is Ian Davidson.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/msps/con-gsou.aspx'>http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/msps/con-gsou.aspx

The Deputy First Minister is the constituency MSP for Glasgow Southside.

Regional MSPs should also be accountable.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/msps/con-gsou.aspx

When they are made fully aware of our concerns, and they make a response, they are then politically accountable.

I have this terrible vision that in the future if we are liquidated it will all come out, and the politicians will turn and say WHY DIDN'T YOU INVOLVE USM..

ALL I CAN SAY IS ALL THE MONEY I SPEND ON RANGERS WILL BE SPENT HOLIDAYING ABROAD - THEY DON'T WANT MY TEAM TO SURVIVE AND THEY WON'T GET A SINGLE PENNY FROM ME!

FUCK THEM ALL!