Duff and Phelps say Rangers estimated debt tops £134m

Thats funny, I have read the report and it quite clearly says £55M, of which £27M can be covered without any effort.

I wonder why no news outlet are saying Rangers could owe as little as £18M?

This surely is just as sensational as saying it could be £___ (enter your own ridiculously made up figure)

This is what everybody keeps forgetting,now both DM & CW have continually said they are confident they will win the 'big tax case',I know I know,but!why not?

Anybody else getting fed up with media saying that we need to find a buyer to pay the full amount back?

It's either a cva and pennies in the pound of fuck all and the end game.

Sensationalism,scaremongering.................................blah!blah!blah!. Correct mate,let's wait and see what transpires.

A finance professor has said Rangers’ potential total debt of £134m does not make any difference to club’s survival.

David Hillier, from Strathclyde University’s business school, claimed that the report released by administrators on Thursday meant that liquidating the club is "not needed".

Duff and Phelps report revealed that Rangers could owe as much as £134m, while the amount that owner Craig Whyte could be due is not yet known.

Professor Hillier told STV News that the Ibrox club could avoid liquidation by agreeing a company voluntary agreement of around £30m, financed by any new owner.

He said: "These figures don’t make a great deal of difference to the bigger picture. The fundamentals remain the same.

"Any bidder would have to pay off the floating charge and if they were agreeing the CVA, in total, the money any bidder would needed to be put into Rangers is anywhere between £25m to £30m, possibly £32m in total.

"It [a CVA] is very much achievable, these figures are workable and liquidation is not needed. Even looking at the worse case scenario for Rangers it doesn’t seem too bad, as long as a CVA is agreed, which I think is the most likely option."

A finance professor has said Rangers’ potential total debt of £134m does not make any difference to club’s survival.

David Hillier, from Strathclyde University’s business school, claimed that the report released by administrators on Thursday meant that liquidating the club is "not needed".

Duff and Phelps report revealed that Rangers could owe as much as £134m, while the amount that owner Craig Whyte could be due is not yet known.

Professor Hillier told STV News that the Ibrox club could avoid liquidation by agreeing a company voluntary agreement of around £30m, financed by any new owner.

He said: "These figures don’t make a great deal of difference to the bigger picture. The fundamentals remain the same.

"Any bidder would have to pay off the floating charge and if they were agreeing the CVA, in total, the money any bidder would needed to be put into Rangers is anywhere between £25m to £30m, possibly £32m in total.

"It [a CVA] is very much achievable, these figures are workable and liquidation is not needed. Even looking at the worse case scenario for Rangers it doesn’t seem too bad, as long as a CVA is agreed, which I think is the most likely option."

I'm sure there'll be bloggers, Dims and other "experts" will rubbish a "Professors" opinion on this subject

David Hillier (@davidhillier) is on Scotland Tonight later on, might be more interesting than last night.

Is it this David Hillier?

Whilst with Arsenal, Hillier's behaviour off the pitch had started to concern the management. In March 1995, a drugs test at the Arsenal training ground revealed that Hillier had taken cannabis, but he avoided punishment after explaining that traces of the drug had entered his bloodstream after smoking a spiked cigarette.[citation needed] A bizarre incident at Gatwick Airport, where he was caught stealing £3,000 of another passenger's luggage, further damaged his Arsenal career; he was later fined and ordered to pay costs by magistrates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hillier