Boycott message seems to be growing rather nicely at the moment

I'm all for an away boycott, but I do have sympathy for the bus drivers who'll possibly lose their job and bus companies who rely on our custom.

A concern indeed, still (and speaking purely pragmatically), I would assume that one tour to and from a game per week will not exactly cost that many jobs? These companies cater to more than just Rangers away supporters, I'd assume.

On the idea in general, we can always try and check out who goes for that deal, boycot them, and still go to the rest of the grounds. And while I am at it, if people do indeed want to help the club, they could also pay one or two away ticket fees to buy a Rangers TV subscription or the games that are live on RTV, thus keeping the money in the club.

Edited by der Berliner

I believe we have to support this stance. It is our most powerful weapon. There will be those who try (deliberately or otherwise) to undermine these efforts. The ones who say that "I -have-never-missed-an-away-game-and-the teaam-needs-my-support" bullshit in order to mask their own selfishness, will hopefully not be in such numbers as to undermine any boycott. We can do this. We must do this; or at least use anyweapon we can. In nearly 60 years of following The Rangers, I cannot remember any such concerted effort by other clubs to bite the hand that feeds them. And we do. Do not doubt it. Let them all feel the full weight of our wrath, and let this be biblical in its proportion.

It may be that we're missing something.

If we meekly go along with what has happened in this season (don't forget, we have umpteen breaches of rule charges yet to be heard) we will be quintessentially asking to be shafted again and again next season, and the next, and the next .......

It'll be non-level playing field red cards, fines for chants, etc, etc.......

At some stage a serious stance has to be taken. These fuckwits are out to emascualate Rangers permanently. They desperately need us to keep their gravy train going, but the 10 are determined that we will never dominate again, therefore more dosh, points and chances in Europe for them. The key to this is the voting structure. When they have that, financial redistribution won't be far behind.

Celtic, on the other hand, are quite happy to engineer the whole situation with the premeditated intention that they will be THE one power in Scottish football in perpetuity. Off the park, they're getting pretty fucking close to this already.

As Zappa suggested elsewhere, I'll laugh my socks off each time one of the ten gets hammered for liquidation or administration - and it WILL happen. I'll guarantee that.

However, we will need to make a stand, sooner or later. Now seems appropriate.

No more SPL for this Bear - they'll ask for us before we ask for them!

Edited by bluebear54

Nothing to stop the away buses still going and staying in the pub or standing outside the ground singing. Bus company gets its money local pubs get their money the away crew still get their day out everybody happy except the bastards putting the boot in.