The ref was spot on yesterday

Another big game blows up in Celtics face and yet again the refs are at the receiving end of a double barrelled volley of abuse from the volatile Mr Lennon. Was this justified? Mr Lennon seems adamant that the refs decisions were somehow "personal". Let's look closer at the two so called "contentious" decisions.

First up, Hearts penalty. According to Lennon himself the ref stated that he gave the penalty because Victor Wanyama handled the ball. This was directly after the ball had been smashed against Joe Ledleys arm and unlike the Ledley situation, was clearly "hand to ball" as his hand moves towards the ball and makes contact with it. Correct decision.

Second up, Celtics penalty claim. The ball is blasted against Websters torso and it is clearly shown on replays that it didn't hit his arm and indeed the Hearts defender moved his hand away from the contact point. Once again a correct decision by the much maligned ref.

My advice to Lennon, Thompson, Ledley and co is find out first why the ref gave these decisions before making silly statements and instead of looking to blame the officials (again), shine a critical light on your misfiring players.

Once you've done that you can then maybe take time to use the same energy on the worst decision of the game. An clear offside goal that nearly let your team off the hook...oh but wait.....

Maybe but it was still was a penalty. Wanyama clearly handles the balls. Hand to ball. Penalty. End of story

Nah, he was inches from him, it’s a dodgy one. As i say if it was us we’d be up in arms

Nah, he was inches from him, it’s a dodgy one. As i say if it was us we’d be up in arms

Yes we would be raging mate, but also we wouldn't being going on & on & on & on & on & on about a pen that was absolutely never a pen and we wouldn't be trying to claim an obvious offside goal was ok.

We wouldn't be doing this because we are normal and rational people, where as the other mob are totally and absolutely out of their inbreed minds and are most definately not normal.

I disagree. If it was us, we would be criticising Ki for his sitters and Lennon for his tactics. Our team would be being slaughtered today by the fans for another bottle-merchants performance in a big game.

Any talk of the penalty would be offset by the offside goal. I have seen situations like this many many times on Rangers boards. We dont act like them.

I disagree. If it was us, we would be criticising Ki for his sitters and Lennon for his tactics. Our team would be being slaughtered today by the fans for another bottle-merchants performance in a big game.

Any talk of the penalty would be offset by the offside goal. I have seen situations like this many many times on Rangers boards. We dont act like them.

Fair dooz matey. I think you’re 100% wrong. We moan like fuck all the time about refs. it does my fucking head in.

Football’s simple. Score more goals than the other mob

I think the penalty was somewhat harsh but it was offset by the offside goal.

Some of our fans may still have moaned but our manager would be rushing onto the field or our players tweeting about it after the fact.

I was under the impression that the Hearts penalty was given against Ledley, and deemed it harsh. Now that I've heard the above and seen it again, the decision is pretty clear.

The behaviour of the Hooped lot was and is predictibly classless. How the SFA/SPL lets them get away with that is beyond a joke ... and maybe a call to the UEFA chap governing all refs is due. (Methinks that is Hugh Dallas ... )

I think the Hearts penalty is a tricky one....and one that some refs wouldn't give due to both celtic players proximity to the ball. However, many refs would give the penalty - one being Euan Norris. I personally believe that Wanyama intentionally handled. His hand does indeed appear to move towards the ball. You could also argue that with Ledlay's as well - it appears a natural reaction.

As for Celtics penalty claim....replays have clearly shown that Webster played the ball with his hip and got his hands clear. Added to that, the ref was behind the play and didn't have a view of the impact point. IF the ref had given the penalty it would have been based on guesswork, rather than actually seeing the contact.

I'm not going to hold my breath for Lenny to admit that Hooper was offside - he's more likely to comment that it was clearly on-side and that it was a great piece of movement by the striker, followed by a world class finish!!!! He'll probably also comment on how amazing his team played!!!

It's clear that Lenny & the team are keeping themselves fresh for their Champion League victory next season - Barca, Man Utd/City, Real Madrid etc will be quaking in their boots now!!!