Imagine - The Dream is over

Another factor to be thrown in is world-wide support, Hamburg are a great club but because they have a good economy their good people aren't all disappearing to other areas of the world!

The German people also wouldn't fall for this reverse sectarianism where to PROVE you didn't hate Catholics you had to employ more of them than their % of population. Their Tax people wouldn't have shyed away from taking Celtic on re Lying about gate receipts for fear of fallout.

So many areas where Hamburg and Rangers aren't on level footing mate...

I'm beginning to wonder if the dream was in fact a nightmare as I've just read the RST are recommending Robert McElroy to be nominated as some sort of Rep!

Anybody who's had any dealings with this man will know what a penny pincher he is! If this guy volunteers for anything he'll be looking to earn cash! I would hope this role isn't money paying but I just can't see it!

It's really looking bad this dream some of us have. I'm a lifetime member of the RST but I think (to allay fears) they must rule out those that arouse suspicion, from positions of power, and that means McElroy and others!

Would I fork out my life's savings to line the pockets of McElroy and his wee cliche of Tories... If push came to shove I'd get into bed with the devil to save Rangers, but I suspect unless they stand back from positions of power if Paul Murray is successful, the amount of cash fans put forward will drop NOT RISE to £15-30M.

If PM gets the bid (and I hope he does) these people need to act for the greater good! Maybe Brian Kennedy would be a better option after all? God, I'm getting a sore head. :sowsuser:

I think it was the Assembly, rather than the Trust, that were actually recommending McElroy as a rep on the creditors committee.

I was also surprised when I saw his name being mentioned and wasn't sure that he was the ideal candidate.

I find it absolutely astonishing that McElroy is being put forward as a fans rep on a vital committee that could hold a significant influence on the future of our club, and it is absolutely not the correct choice. We need someone who will question, probe and look after our interests in all of this.

I've got to wonder how the hell this came about?

I think it was the Assembly, rather than the Trust, that were actually recommending McElroy as a rep on the creditors committee.

I was also surprised when I saw his name being mentioned and wasn't sure that he was the ideal candidate.

He's (from my experience) a skin flint - tbh I think he's been wearing that jacket since Graeme Souness arrived! Jesus the stories I've heard about him. No doubt about his credentials but I stopped getting the Historian ages and that last book of his was a rip off, not only had he not corrected the mistakes pointed out to him, there was actually more! Christ he had players scoring in games they hadn't played, playing in games after they left....

He's preferable to Mason but AT WHAT PRICE? I don't trust people that covet money to that degree! In my last dealings with him he said how great my file was, saying how much time it saved him and asked me if I had a ticket for the game then offered me one of his seats - I was ready to head and he stuck out his hand for 20 sobs! :-). No problem parting with the cash but I've had guys on the bru wanting to buy me pints etc.

Money, seems to be the driving force for far too many folk!

Alasdair McKillop ‏ @AGMcKillop · Open

Interesting to note that @rangersfctrust have recommended that Robert McElroy be nominated for the Creditors' Committee.

Rangers Supporters ‏ @rangersfctrust Close

@AGMcKillop Indeed! He's being suggested by Trust, Assembly & Association. Another example of close work between groups.

I mind drinking with a few guys in Paisley RW and they said he was in that pub getting some stories from old timers and apparently only got them half a pint. The guy said if RM had been at the Somme the only rifling he would have done would've been through dead soldiers pockets! :-) probably not true, but it did add weight to all the other tales...