Where we are...

Let's have a sober look at the current situation facing us:

1. No bidder has walked away.

One or two may use this as a deliberate strategy to try and force the hand of another party but all bidders remain interested and active. All will be aiming their genuine 'final' bids for day +15 after the PB is named.

2. Exclusivity fee.

All bidders can afford to pay this. They've, so far, deliberately refused not to because the fee is excessive, non-refundable and apparently non-deductible. Paying £500K offers next to no advantage when D&P have shown they will consider late (written) bids.

3. Funding.

All bidders have money but only one is funding their bid via a secured loan from Ticketus (TBK). Of the others, one appears to be self-funded (A-P), one may be based on selling assets (Miller) and the other we don't know anything about (Kennedy).

4. Delays.

It's is laughable to accuse any one party of dithering. All parties have contributed to the unacceptable situation we're in. From contradictory admin statements, to bidders playing poker, to Ticketus playing the field; all are delaying out of self-interest.

5. Conclusion.

The situation is relatively simple. No buyer wants to pay the exclusivity fee because this does not guarantee enough of an advantage to make a sale competition probable. Add in the fact Craig Whyte's shareholding has not been delivered and Ticketus change their mind on a daily basis then it's no wonder all bidders are frustrated. However, time is now their enemy and they (and we) must consider accepting a few negatives for the greater good.

It's all to play for and anything can and will happen.

Actually Frankie I think your being very half glass full there my friend, to me we are at the bottom of a big hole and when you look to see why Duff&Duffer are there digging for all their worth.

Mate, I could go on about the chances of liquidation being as high as they've ever been but I'd rather be positive and explain the situation clearly for those who are struggling (including myself to be honest)...

What does the PB status give to the chosen bidder?

Are there really any advantages when another bid can be chosen as the winner?

Or, is it another payday for Admins?

The fee gets you a period of exclusivity for 14 days where you get access to certain data and people you haven't had already. It doesn't guarantee you'll be the probable buyer (who knows what else is hiding below the surface?) and it doesn't stop others making renewed bids after the fact.

No-one is sure what happens to the fee which is why they're wanting conditions placed upon it. Those conditions haven't been met which is why we have the current impasse.

What does the PB status give to the chosen bidder?

Are there really any advantages when another bid can be chosen as the winner?

Or, is it another payday for Admins?

It's a total nonsense imo, give us the money and you get 14days of talks, but they've already been talking for Christ knows how long already so what they actually get is more of the same and if nothing happens from the talks the money is gone.

Quite staggering.

Mate, I could go on about the chances of liquidation being as high as they've ever been but I'd rather be positive and explain the situation clearly for those who are struggling (including myself to be honest)...

I hear you Frankie and I've never honestly thought we would go under. But it seems more and more like it with every passing day and no one seems to be wanting to go that extra mile on faith and get the deal done. On top of that D&D seem to be running interference instead of making the road as smooth as possible

I hear you Frankie and I've never honestly thought we would go under. But it seems more and more like it with every passing day and no one seems to be wanting to go that extra mile on faith and get the deal done. On top of that D&D seem to be running interference instead of making the road as smooth as possible

To be clear, I'd agree the threat of liquidation has never been higher.

Let's hope all parties understand the frustration of the fans in that respect.