Fans threaten SPL boycott if Rangers newco is given free pass into league

Guest superrcooper7

2 points:

1: Once again I implore you all to ignore surveys. I've ranted about it a million times, so you know why I feel this way.

2: From what I gather about that particular one, it was worse than the norm, because the question structure was changed half way through in order to achieve the desired statistical outcome.

That could be quite funny if it happened. It would be pretty good for us.

Imagine all the clubs attendances being halved including Celtic while our fans fill the stadium and boycott away matches.

Not only would we be the strongest club financially by miles, the other clubs would have to start eating humble pie as each one goes bankrupt and wants back in the SPL - including Celtic.

Pity it's complete bullshit.

I think such surveys can go out of the window, especially if 40+% are made up by the Scum. You could as well ask the local people about building a mosque in the area and 40% of them are active members of the Roman Christian/Anglican community. (No insult intended, BTW.) These surveys of your average football supporter is as useful as having a straight-faced talk after an Old Firm defeat on here or FF. There is little rationality involved.

First, we need to see how we get out of administration. If the newco route is the only option and the SPL decides on penalties, I would assume that the Rangers' suppoort, as was muted by Jardine today, will start a boycott at certain away grounds. Just to get them a taste of what they will face if Rangers are no more. Likewise, I'd only give the minimum number required of away tickets to visiting teams. On the other hand, Rangers should invite non-Scottish teams for friendlies at Ibrox to generate income.

BTW, wouldn't it be sweet if D&P actually suceed with their claim of 25m and we are suddenly budgetted for 2 or three seasons in advance. (Then again, I'd expect that Collier Bristow (?) will simply go into admin / insolvency themselves ... )