So let's get this straight

I think he said that they don't have any obligation to accept that their contracts are transferred to a newco, so yes, they could no doubt leave if they wished. It'll all come down to which players decide they want to leave, but I think a fair number of them will want to stay. Some have stated this week that they'd like to stay. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'd like to stay, but.......;)

To do so, don't the administrators have to use the creditor's pot to pay back the value of the floating charge.

I don't think they do, no.

They can "dispose of or take action relating to property which is subject to a floating charge as if it were not subject to the charge."

I'd like to stay, but.......;)

Believe it or not, I actually think we would see more departures if TBK were successful because the club would remain in a period of uncertainty and possible liquidation all summer while D&P tried to sort out a CVA. The sheer uncertainty would force players to jump ship.

Believe it or not, I actually think we would see more departures if TBK were successful because the club would remain in a period of uncertainty and possible liquidation all summer while D&P tried to sort out a CVA. The sheer uncertainty would force players to jump ship.

I admire your optimism that so many of them will turn down the opportunity to fatten up their bank balances.

Totally agree. TBK have pissed about with this for too long. At least Miller's bid comes with a route forward and the players can decide for themselves whether they want to be part of it.

All the BK's talk about not having european football for 3 years rings pretty hollow as well. Offically we've been in europe this year but you'd hardly have noticed, we were out on our arses so quick. Who's to say we wouldn't suffer the same next season and the one after if we were allowed to play? Two more seasons in europe like this one and it would almost be the same as being banned for 3 years. Put the business back together properly first. That's got to be the priority before we worry about luxuries like Europe.

All the BK's talk about not having european football for 3 years rings pretty hollow as well.

I think there's an element of scaremongering to the "no euro footy for 3 years" aspect of all this because if Miller's plan is put into action (and is successful) quickly enough, then the newco would retain the club's history and licence, so it may not have to miss out on European action beyond the 2012/2013 season. I think it'll be at the discretion of the SFA and ultimately UEFA, but as things stand right now, missing out on Euro footy for several seasons is NOT 100% guaranteed.

Welcome to the forum Doc! :tu:

I admire your optimism that so many of them will turn down the opportunity to fatten up their bank balances.

Come the end of the season the club was always going to be in one of three scenarios:

1) Still in total limbo with everyone worried about the club's survival.

2) Still in total limbo with everyone worried about the creditors not approving a CVA.

3) Moving forwards with a newco plan such as Bill Miller's.

In all three scenarios there would be players deciding that they want to move on. How many would want to move on in each scenario is hard to say, but I think a lot of the current squad will get behind the club and the newco if Miller is successful.

I feel more pessimistic now, than anytime in the last 3 months.

I don't trust Admins or BM.

We had to trust him in the end as the money has almost run out. The next two big questions are: Where does the day to day running cost money come from? How many supporters will renew their season tickets? We are far from out the woods.

Guest JinkyTJaz

Apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what Bill Milller's motivation is? Is he in it for the long run? I think I'd feel more comfortable if I knew why he was buying us.