Some information on Bill Miller

http://piratenews.org/BFI_WM_WILLIAM%20MILLER_MULLINS_SAWS_AGENTS.HTML

``We remain convinced that the Company's acquisitions were entirely lawful and believe that our

position would be vindicated in a court of law."

--William G. Miller, chairman of the board, Miller Industries, et al

re investigation and lawsuit by Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice, Civil Task Force

from http://www.millerind.com

William G. Miller--mansion on Hwy 11, Loudon Co, TN--famous XMas light show

* co-owner of Cedar Bluff 24-HourTowing with Ben McGovern (2000)

* owner of BFI Waste (7 scrap companies in TN)

* owner Miller Industries--world's largest towing manufacturer (4 companies in TN)

* owner RoadOne--world's largest tow company--nearly 10,000 trucks

BFI Waste is an interesting company, I'd hazard a guess it's nearer the Tony Soprano school of "waste management" than the Curly Watts and Eddie Yates.

Very interesting read there Ian.

I especially liked this bit ...

The creation of Miller Industries came as the result of careful and thoughtful planning. After considering many different options, Miller decided that the best business strategy would be to find a once-great brand name in a fragmented industry, resurrect the brand name, and grow market share by consolidating smaller companies. Soon he hit upon the answer: tow trucks. In the manufacturing segment of that industry, there were three big names--Century, Challenger, and Holmes International--but each had seen better days. Suffering from debt incurred by leveraged buyouts, the three giants were dying, and around them had sprung up numerous smaller competitors. Surveying the situation, Miller decided that he would resurrect the three giants and once again gain control of the market.

Looks like this guy is a very different type of 'entrepreneur' to CW

Just checked and they've now edited the article. I copied and pasted to here before they edited it. Looks like they've made a mistake and got the wrong Bill Miller.... woops!

Don't blame me! :facepalm:

A 5 minute search on both Bill Miller's and you would have found he was apparently a fantastic money manager at the same time as he was running various towing companies. Easy mistake to make - but easy to have found too ;)

Back of the class with you !

To be fair, one of my work colleagues this morning sent me the wiki link to Bill Miller - soon as I saw it I pointed out it was the wrong Bill Miller.

A 5 minute search on both Bill Miller's and you would have found he was apparently a fantastic money manager at the same time as he was running various towing companies. Easy mistake to make - but easy to have found too ;)

Back of the class with you !

To be fair, one of my work colleagues this morning sent me the wiki link to Bill Miller - soon as I saw it I pointed out it was the wrong Bill Miller.

My failing is that I haven't researched Bill Miller at all Craig. Apologies folks!

Shit happens Zappa. No harm, no foul. Pretty funny too that many immediately trusted your information. They obviously dont know you too well ;) :fish:

I've edited the thread title accordingly. :flipa::D

My failing is that I haven't researched Bill Miller at all Craig. Apologies folks!

In fairness I don't think there is anything particularly nasty that will actually stick ( I've seen his Peoplefinders and Integrascan files!) though just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened, remember it took the BBC to reveal Whytes' ban.