What have we done wrong?

I keep hearing that we need to be punished for this and sanctioned for that but as a football club what have we done to merit such vitriolic blood lust?

We all know that the actions of one man have brought upon the sanctions already imposed and while I think it's unfair to say that we(the club and fans) can't be separated from his actions I do think that's just an unfortunate symptom of being so royally shafted by Murray in the end.

What specific transgressions have we committed? I'm genuinely interested in people's views as to what these are.

We live in a very unique country where religion dominates two of the largest fan based football clubs on the planet. The rivalry is unmatched anywhere else on earth so much so that one hates the other so much they'de love to see them not only lose a game but also lose their very existence regardless of where their own club ends up...........The SFA are weak and allowing the most bitter of the two to sentence the other to death.

These people will not rest until our club is dead and buried! And it simply ain't going to happen!

We will rise from this and become a stronger and better club and when we do! We are coming after YOU!!!!!!

We live in a very unique country where religion dominates two of the largest fan based football clubs on the planet.

I disagree with that part 54 buddy, much as they would like to label us a Protestant club we are nowhere near as intertwined with any religion as they are with Catholicism. I'd love to properly survey this but I'd guess that most of the 50,0000 inside Ibrox wouldn't class themselves as religious at all however if you did the same at a packed Celtic Park (long time since that''s happened I know) I'd guess that 90% of them would tell you that they were Catholic.

Maybe I am wrong here, but methinks we shed much of the religious baggage - not least as a club - during the Souness and Smith eras. Sure the songs were sung, but they had already become Ibrox tradition that the real meaning only came to the fore during the Old Firm games ... and probably subsided with 80% of the support after 90odd minutes. We signed so many Catholic and whatnot players by then that their argument about a no-Catholic doctrine sounds hollow, for it essentially stopped 30 (as in THIRTY) years ago - IF there ever was one in living memory. Did someone ever answered the question why Irish Catholics or Ulster Catholics (people like Ray Houghton) never signed? Not because of themselves, but because they feared for their families on the Emerald Isle. After years of ineptness on the park, the Scum saw their opportunity in 2007/2008 and if you'd ask me, that is the time when they stirred all the shyte up again. It is, IMHO, them who portray themselves as the Irish Catholic side so much that like a description of twins, each time the topic Old Firm is on the agenda the old stereotypes come to the fore, whether they are true any longer does not matter. Where there is smoke, there must be fire. What is utterly baffling and ultimately annoying is that the press and politics rather hunt this fire and try to put it out than to actually check where the smoke is coming from.