Third Division Blues

Thinking about this option (my favourite, just coz I want something new and would love to get away from them for a while) seems like we'd be obliged to go with young players; but how many seasoned pros coming to the end of their careers could we tempt back for a one season payback to the club? Thinking of lee McCulloch atm, but maybe also Barry if Blackpool didn't go up (he's done OK for an English league failure, ain't he?).

Doesn't even have to be players of that calibre; likes of Darryl Duffy would do nicely at that level, if he fancied it, or (whisper it) Kenny Miller for a 3rd go? Just a thought to get away from the misery of takeover confusion.

I would also prefer this to the spl with sanctions.

Agree with that .Wuold prefer this to being docked 10 points and loss of tv money for however long.Why should others benefi financially from our participation in the SPL.

BTW RM back up and running.

Guest Guardian

I would only want us in the SPL if we weren't crippled.

Points deducted so we can't win it, no euro place, no transfers and handed out 25% of anything we do win.

How many times can we be punished for the same thing. Thats like someone stealing a loaf, getting caught and fined £1000, their house sold off, given a few good beatings, a 3 year jail sentence and 5 years community service, then put on the sex offenders list.

Unless these "punishments" are made a bit more sensible, the 3rd div looks just as appealing as the SPL, if not more.

It'll never happen though as the smaller clubs would be staring at oblivion, especially as ESPN are threatening to walk away from the UK.

Yes, yes, but what about potential players? Out of contracts, mid to late 30s, with a Rangers history who could write their names into a unique (it better be unique) period in our history?

Edited by andy steel

Yes, yes, but what about potential players? Out of contracts, mid to late 30s, with a Rangers history who could write their names into a unique (it fucking well better be unique) period in our history?

Sorry mate - I missed the point. :(

Can I be the first to say Alan Smith?