Third Division Blues

for me you have the wrong idea.

for me we would assemble a squad of the very best available 18 to 21 year olds and build something special.

perhaps with a few older players down the spine . Alexander - weir - ferguson - jig.

That's the same idea as the one I put in the OP!!! Never thought about Weir, that's a good shout.

Can clubs in that division cant cater or our away support.

No, I don't think they could. But they'd get a tasty cash injection for however long we were in each league.

Talking this over with my boy the other day we were quite keen on the idea of tootling down to Annan or up to Elgin of a Saturday, seeing what sights there are - everywhere can be a new adventure if you have an open mind, and I bet at the very least these places have some old churchyards to explore, nothing better in autumn - have a blether over some grub with the locals, and if we don't get to see the game we'll listen in on the car radio, no biggie. I'm so up for something other than Motherwell town centre YET AGAIN that I would accept us playing in any league, anywhere.

Does anybody actually think that the SPL would still be in existence after 3 years without Rangers ?

My guess is Scottish football would have a complete shake down after 1 season of an SPL without us, and by the time we got back to the top league it would no longer be the SPL and all the corrupt figure's who lurk in the shadows will have been flushed out .

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

My only fear would be that Celtic would make a massive attempt to get into the English leagues due to non competition in their domestic league. This is the only way that UEFA and the FA could be forced into allowing it. Imagine we start in SFL3 and work our way up only to be left behind by Celtic while they work up from League 2?

My only fear would be that Celtic would make a massive attempt to get into the English leagues due to non competition in their domestic league. This is the only way that UEFA and the FA could be forced into allowing it. Imagine we start in SFL3 and work our way up only to be left behind by Celtic while they work up from League 2?

That's my worry, but you could also look at it from the other way if they go when we get back we could just follow them.

How ridiculous would that be? Celtic claiming the league isn't competitive any more knowing damn well that they and their placemen have done their best to clobber Rangers and make it that way. UEFA would hopefully tell them that they made the bed and they should bloody well lie in it.

The idea of Rangers playing in the 3rd division is absolute nonsense.

The idea of Rangers playing in the English leagues is absolute nonsense.

Get a grip folks!