Jimmy Corkhill's letter to Joey Barton

Don't know if it's real or not.

Alright twat features?

Iâ??m seeing my arse here as youâ??ve made such a bad show of yourself today, that I have finally been tipped over the edge and Iâ??m having to put pen to paper on you, on a Sunday night. My Sunday Dinner hasnâ??t even settled yet, and I donâ??t think it will tonight due to the fact that you remain in the world. Quiff and all.

People have been asking me to do a letter to you for a while. Could never be arsed wasting my time on you, but, well, then TODAY happened.

As a person, youâ??re despicable.

You come from a family of pure shit.

Your 'brother' and your â??cousinâ?? murdered Anthony Walker, the young black lad, because he was black. #RIP

Your â??cousinsâ?? murdered an innocent Dad #RIP

And you:

May 2005 you broke a guyâ??s leg while driving your car through Liverpool city centre at 2 am.

March 2007 you got arrested for suspicion of assault on a taxi driver and criminal damage.

May 2008 you got 6 months in prison for assault and affray outside McDonalds.

July 2008 you got a four months suspended sentence for assault and ABH on a Man City team mate, ending your Man City career. You also got charged by the FA for violent conduct.

You & 'your family' are the kind of people that give Liverpool a bad name.

As a footballer, youâ??re despicable.

I'm not going to back track at all your other attention seeking sendings off, like the headbutt v Norwich which got you a straight red and QPR then lost 1-2 at home.

Its today thatâ??s pissed me off.

Your team were fighting to avoid relegation, and you act the **** and get a red card.

Thenâ?¦. Your actions AFTER your red card? Just shouldnâ??t be seen on a football pitch. Your scum genetics took over and you kick out at Aguero who had nothing to do with your sending off. Donâ??t get me wrong, Iâ??m not a City fan. And Iâ??d rather have them win the league than Utd, so in a way THANKS FOR THAT.

But now youâ??re mouthing off on twitter about â??who gives a ****â? .. and how you did what you had to do. And who cares, you stayed up, thatâ??s all that matters? And that you are off to CELEBRATE?? Celebrate??? You should be sent home to sit on the ****ing naughty step lad.

Your team survived by the skin of your yellow teeth today. A penalty at Stoke v Bolton is what saved you. And you are ****ing lucky. Otherwise you and â??your teamâ? would be down, pretty much because of you. And no offence to any QPR fans reading, but I ****ing wish you had gone down just to teach your smug rat tashed ****ing face a lesson.

And then you start tweeting that a team mate told you to â??take one of the city players with youâ?. Bad disgrace that. You should be banned for life. No place for players like you. The media are going to be all over that tweet, and all QPR players will get tarred with the cheating brush. Well done lad. Thereâ??s no I in team is there? But thereâ??s a ****ing I in prick!

And setting aside the fact that you did it. Now youâ??re grassing? You canâ??t live life grassing that someone else told you to do something? Be your own man.

Mind you, Rick Astley told you to get that hair cut youâ??ve got, didnâ??t he.

Bottom line is, â??Josephâ?, underneath all your controversy and the BIG I AM act that you constantly hide behind, is the fact that you just arenâ??t that good. ARE YOU?

So you act up, stir controversy, mouth off, kick out, and play the big guns on twitter, to keep a name for yourself. Donâ??t you?

Lad, you play for a team that just survived relegation by an antâ??s penis, and youâ??ve got the same amount of England caps as that David Nugent . ONE. ****ing David Nugent. Says it all. Thing is though, Nugent was born in Huyton too. But, guess what, he isnâ??t a bad disgrace to Merseyside. Or humans in general, is he?

Assess your life, lad. Assess your life. Because me and all the people that read and retweet this are telling you, you are ****ing bad at it.

The Guardian

Joey Barton took to Twitter on Sunday night to launch an attack on his former Newcastle manager and the Match of the Day pundit Alan Shearer following the former striker's criticism of his dismissal during QPR's defeat to Manchester City. In an expletive-littered rant he called Shearer a "prick", a "bell" and added "I have better hair". On Monday morning, he also took a swipe at Shearer's colleague Gary Lineker.

The QPR captain will serve an automatic four-match ban for his dismissal for elbowing the City striker Carlos Tevez during the second half at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday. However, he seems certain to face additional sanctions from the Football Association for his subsequent attacks on the match-winner Sergio Agüero and the City captain Vincent Kompany which, with the add-ons for previous dismissals, could see him start next season with a nine-match suspension.

Shearer condemned the player, who he coached during his short spell managing Newcastle in 2009, during Sunday night's Match of the Day, prompting Barton's rant.

"Shearers still on my case... "I know I f*cked up Alan, thanks for stating the obvious," Barton tweeted.

He added: "Whilst were both stating the obvious about each other, can I just say for the record what a great player u were. Well better me...

"But I have a better hair (which is not hard), wear well better shirts on TV and have a personality(something u lack).

"P.S. My final point, ur a s*** pundit/manager...

"I really don't like that prick, in fact I honestly despise him... Goodnight.

"I'd take it off Hansen and @GaryLineker but not from that bell, same fella that stamped on Neil Lennon ...". He added: "Selfish, boring man him. He can do one...

"My favourite memory of him though is when he dropped his spuds when Keano put it on him. Goodnight Al, sleep well matey..."

Barton had previously taken to the social media site to apologise for his red card and claimed that, once he had been sent off, he was trying to "take 1 of theirs with me". But Shearer's co-presenter Lineker believed his attack was an effort to deflect attention from his behaviour at Manchester City.

"No deflections here mate. Think the fact about 100m people seen it will see to that. Just don't like how he gets personal …" replied Barton on Twitter on Monday morning.

When Lineker responded, to ask Barton whether he was "still kicking out" and still "misunderstood", it sparked another explosion from the QPR midfielder.

"Do u wanna go there publicly "Mr Squeaky Clean," tweeted Barton, before threatening to expose "skeletons" in Lineker's "vast closet".

He added: " mind ur manners Squeaky..." Then signed off by saying: "now back under your stone you odious little toad..."

Earlier on Monday he had attempted to draw a line under both the sending off and the row with Shearer. He said: "Right enough about yesterday, I apologise to everyone offended by it. If that's not enough for some, so be it. Life is too short.

"Things happen on the pitch, in the heat of battle sometimes. Not how we always plan them to happen.

"For there are brighter sides to life and I should know because I seen them, but not very often …"

Barton tweeted on Sunday night: "Can do nothing but apologise to the players and fans. Still don't think it is a sending off. Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck. We are safe.

"The head was never gone at any stage. Once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me. Never worked but god loves a trier.

"Think a few people are forgetting Tevez started the fracas by throwing a punch to the head."

Some people thought Diouff was bad...Barton is a disgrace to the game. Cracking player but a total nut job.

I don't think he's a cracking player. I don't even think he's a good player.

I don't think he's a cracking player. I don't even think he's a good player.

When he actually concentrates on playing football instead of his own agendas I.e his twitter conversation for that night,then he is a very good player.

Barton is a decent enough player but he could end up with a half season ban which would be hilarious imo. Trying to get a fellow pro sent off, targeting a South American player isn't wise seeing as they hit the deck easily, guys an idiot.