Emergency RFF meeting today at 5?

Frankie, did you or anyone else get a chance to ask him about the newco & liquidation plans?

He waffled on about it during his pre-set agenda.

He essentially repeated his previous comments on it and talked about Miller's hive-down should a CVA not be approved.

He waffled on about it during his pre-set agenda.

He essentially repeated his previous comments on it and talked about Miller's hive-down should a CVA not be approved.

If you're so unconvinced with Green and his fable about x number of investors seems to be unravelling, then surely it yet again raises the question: What the bloody hell are Duff & Phelps playing at?

Frankie, what do you make of the comments from Rangers Media tonight?

Season Ticket Prices Frozen

In an open and informative meeting with supporters at Ibrox, potential new owner Charles Green provided answers to some of the questions many supporters have been begging to ask.

Many have been expecting an increase in season ticket prices, and have been struggling to see how the increase can be justified on the back of an expected reduction in quality of the playing squad. However, Green, despite admitting that an increase had initially been his intention, confirmed that there would be no rise in season ticket prices for the coming season.

Furthermore, he revealed that the Tickets deal has been terminated. Now the club owe them money as opposed to tickets. However, it remains that Ticketus, along with HMRC, will ultimately be the two bodies who will decide whether or not a CVA is approved.

Meanwhile, more information came to light with regards to the CVA. The money is with Duff and Phelps at the moment. Once the CVA letter is sent out to the creditors, they have two weeks to agree to it in principle. If this is the case, then Duff and Phelps step aside, and Green becomes the acting CEO. In the 28 day period afterwards, creditors have the option of changing their minds (bear in mind that the only two who really matter here are HMRC and Ticketus, who are unlikely to renege if they agree in the first place). Afterwards, all being well, Rangers officially come out of administration, the creditors are paid the money promised, and Green's consortium officially takes charge.

It is important to note that the club's legal battles with firms such as Collyer Bristow will continue post CVA, with any 'winnings' going straight to the creditors.

Should a CVA be rejected, then a newco will be formed. In the worst case scenario that this happens, and the majority of the players decide to leave for free, then Green noted that his time at Proactive Sports Agency would ensure that agents would be 'knocking his door down' to get their clients playing for the club.

However, there's still a long way to go, and plenty of convincing to do. Time will tell whether Mr. Green's takeover was a rip-roaring success, or just a load of hot air. Let's just hope that this is the start of a bright new dawn for Rangers FC.

http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=756:season-ticket-prices-frozen&catid=103:board&Itemid=531

bigy:

They're obviously being a bit more positive than me but although their report is correct, I remain cynical. Sorry! :(

No need to apologise!! It's being too accepting of people and information that got us into this situation in the first place!! It's just interesting how people who attend the same meeting can come away with two such differing viewpoints.

I share your concerns to be honest, I think Green seems to contradict himself far too much and until it's signed, sealed and delivered it'd be unwise to be taken in by any of it.

I'm sure Bluedell, plgsarmy and Tannochside Bear will have formed their own opinions.

I'd be interested to compare them. :whistle:

Frankie, as someone who believed Craig Whyte, I'm probably not the best person to judge. He seemed reluctant to give out the numbers of people who had actually committed funds and well done to TB for pressing him. There's a saying about if something seems too good to be true then it probably isn't. I just don't know. Did he say it was Deloitte's that were working with him - the mystery men at the back?

Frankie, as someone who believed Craig Whyte, I'm probably not the best person to judge. He seemed reluctant to give out the numbers of people who had actually committed funds and well done to TB for pressing him. There's a saying about if something seems too good to be true then it probably isn't. I just don't know. Did he say it was Deloitte's that were working with him - the mystery men at the back?

Yeah, he did mention that and that's who I thought one of them people at the back was. Was one also Ramsay Smith from MH?

This is part of the minutes, copied from FF

5. Investor information.

Mr Green was looking into the purchase from 18th February. His idea is to have investors owning from 1% to 15%. All 26,000 current fan share holders will be invited to invest and given 2 or 3 years to fund their investment. The press have found out about Kevin McDonald and Freddie Shepherd and approached them. Both have declared an interest in investing but as yet, have not done so. Mr Green has 5 or 6 people who have already committed to invest and who have paid money to be part of the dream. Some are from the Middle East and some are from the Far East. None are Rangers fans but are football fans. Their dream is to fund soccer academies in the Far East and to see Rangers progress in Europe, where the creation of a European League is seen as a reality.

The company will be listed and everyone will be able to see all who invest. At the moment they have asked for privacy.

Never read so much waffle in my life.

Just what are they expecting to gain?