Fans' meeting with Charles Green - Gersnet minutes

He was not concerned about the risk of all the players walking away in the event of a newco as he believes it would be easy to get a team together due to the pulling power of the club and his contacts.

What about the transfer embargo?

Embargo wouldn't apply to a newco.

He was not concerned about the risk of all the players walking away in the event of a newco as he believes it would be easy to get a team together due to the pulling power of the club and his contacts.

What about the transfer embargo?

That bit puzzled me as well, unless he thinks he can call the SFA's bluff by being unable to field a team if enough players walk.

Right can we put this to bed once and for all, I thought the embargo followed a Newco.

Perhaps the embargo would remain as it is attached to the transfer of SPL share, if approved by the SPL Board?

Right can we put this to bed once and for all, I thought the embargo followed a Newco.

I don't see how it can. It would be like saying the debt would follow it.

But, as with everyone else, trying to second guess the opinion of D&P, any bidder or the SFA/SPL is a fool's errand.

I think it's different from the debt as that is tied to the company - which changes; the embargo is tied to the SFA membership - which stays the same.

We want to change the newco to the old SFA membership and so the embargo should follow. At the very least we'd have to re-apply for membership and that could be one of the conditions of acceptance. The SFA have us over a barrel there.

However, there is the anomaly created if we lose all our players - but they may just say, well you'll have to sign a whole squad of under 18's...

I can't see how we can avoid the embargo unless we take it to a higher power...