Donald Trump considered buying Rangers

http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/102401-us-billionaire-donald-trump-considered-buying-rangers-football-club/

US billionaire Donald Trump â??considered buying Rangers Football Clubâ??

Trump: The businessman 'looked seriously' at the prospect of buying Rangers.

Businessman backed out of deal to buy Ibrox side after the depth of clubâ??s financial problems became apparent.

Billionaire businessman Donald Trump â??walked awayâ? from a deal to buy Rangers Football Club.

Trump, who is building a golf course and resort at the Menie Estate in Aberdeenshire, backed out of investing in the Ibrox side because of the depth of the clubâ??s financial problems.

A source close to Trump told the Press and Journal: â??We looked seriously and walked away.

â??It just did not make sense to us, although they are a great club.

â??We hope someone steps in and builds the team again.â?

George Sorial, Trump Organisationâ??s executive vice-president, said the American was keen to strengthen his links in Scotland.

He said: â??We are committed to Scotland and will always be evaluating opportunities to support our business and the interests of Scotland.â?

Former Sheffield United chief executive Charles Green is fronting a consortium which has been named as the preferred bidder for the Ibrox club.

Rangersâ?? administrator Duff and Phelps said they accepted Mr Greenâ??s £8.5m offer for the club and entered into a â??binding contractâ? with him for Rangers which will be completed on June 6, the date administrators hope to put a proposed company voluntary agreement (CVA) to creditors worth up to £134m.

Duff and Phelps would not confirm Trumpâ??s interest in buying the Ibrox club.

A spokesman said: â??All bids and all those in the Green consortium are covered under the non-disclosure agreement.â?

George Sorial is Trump's most trusted business exec (I think Trump trusts him more than he trusts his own kids).

But, as stewarty says, none of George's direct quote specifically mentions RFC.

George Sorial is Trump's most trusted business exec (I think Trump trusts him more than he trusts his own kids).

But, as stewarty says, none of George's direct quote specifically mentions RFC.

Is this the old guy who occasionally popped up as his advisor on the Trump version of The Apprentice? (Old guy, maybe in his 70s)

Is this the old guy who occasionally popped up as his advisor on the Trump version of The Apprentice? (Old guy, maybe in his 70s)

I thought it was but it isnt.

So I take back my previous comment about him being Trump's most trusted exec - the old guy is his most trusted exec.