Got a call from from SKY

Ok, this sounds like something from the dark side tbh. Davie Provan has been praised far and wide by our own supporters for his fairness and balanced punditry. And McLaughlin works for the BBC for God's sake.

I remember when Sky Sports got the coverage originally from the shards of Setanta, and every bear to a man was delighted at this neutral organisation getting the new coverage after Setanta's biased nonsense. Guess what, now some supporters have decided that Sky are as bad as Setanta were!

This being the channel which employs a former Rangers player as its main pundit for Scottish matches, Neil McCann, plus a former Rangers player as its main pundit on ESPN - Hateley.

I think sometimes people see anti Rangers' agendas when there really is not one at all.

Provan has not been praised by any Rangers fans i know, none.

I was not talking about Chris 'the bigot' Mclaughlan!

One look at Skys pundit list and its clear they are just as bad as if not worse than Setanta.

Neil McCann is a boyhood Celtic fan, like every other person i named above. Hateley and ESPN? Relevance to Skys bias? Different companies with different employment policy.

You name one former Rangers player who was in fact a Celtic fan growing up and i name almost 10 tims yet you still fail to see an issue. :-/

I think some people are desperate to deny anyone could be anti-Rangers for the fear of sounding or looking like the dark side. The facts sadly contradict their claims of oppression and persecution whilst facts confirm our, or rather, my suspicions. (SFA, Scottish Govt., Scottish media)

I cancelled mine to switch to VM when I moved house. I put my reason as "a passionate Rangers fan who will not support those financially who chose to fund organisations that chose to act against my club without fairness". Yes, I was drunk when I wrote it :D & no its not the real reason. I've received a call at least once a day from a number that begins 0133, is this a sky number. I'll paste the number in a minute or two once I copy it trim my recent calls.

Fair enough Danny. We beg to differ.

However, I feel justified in what I've done. In my own way I'd like to bring pressure to bear on what I perceive is wrong.

And I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the kickings we're getting haven't finished yet.

I believe it is in the contract that there has to be 4 old firm games so they could use that to get out or renegotiat if the SPL thought of relegating Rangers.

But the SPL won't relegate us. You know this and I know this. They're not stupid enough to do it. They're trying to crush us as much as they can without actually killing their own income.

I also disagree that it will have no effect as I think Sky will be keeping a watch on the situation and be corresponding with the SPL.

Doesn't matter if there's a contract in place. Contracts in business are not the nonsense they are in football players. They actually mean something.

Withdrawing from the Scottish Cup is a non-starter Danny. I started a thread about it a few days back. The SFA regulations have an article (think it's 33) which clearly states that any eligible club must participate. Withdrawing from the competition would at best see them clobbering us again, but at worst (given the current situation) could even endanger our SFA membership.

"The decision by the appellate tribunal to uphold the sanction, namely the suspension of registration of players for one year, is not competent in the view of the club and its legal advisers. Such a sanction was not available to the tribunal and should not have been imposed and it is the intention of the club to challenge the determination."

If the SFA can break legal rules in sanctioning us, looks like it's fair game for us too.

Fair enough Danny. We beg to differ.

However, I feel justified in what I've done. In my own way I'd like to bring pressure to bear on what I perceive is wrong.

I am with you entirely, taking action against those who have kicked us is completely justified. My argument is the action we're choosing isn't going actually have the effect we want. To do real damage to the SFA requires a different strategy. All the boycotts are doing is losing us out on services.

And I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the kickings we're getting haven't finished yet.

Probably right.

If the SFA can break legal rules in sanctioning us, looks like it's fair game for us too.

It's not fair game to withdraw from the Scottish Cup or the League Cup I would suggest. It's fair game for the fans to not turn up at the away matches if they wish to take that option, but if the club withdraws from the competitions we'd be hammered for it. The least we'd get would be fines, but it could be even worse than just fines. Very dangerous game to play considering our weakened position and even if it was just fines, it would be fines we can well do without. We've got some quality U18s to buy this summer and getting fined 100's of thousands for throwing the dummy out won't help one bit.

It's not fair game to withdraw from the Scottish Cup or the League Cup I would suggest.

What do you base that assertion on? That it's not fair game.

It's fair game for the fans to not turn up at the away matches if they wish to take that option, but if the club withdraws from the competitions we'd be hammered for it.

Take a look around you m8 - we're being hammered for everything anyway.

The least we'd get would be fines, but it could be even worse than just fines. Very dangerous game to play considering our weakened position and even if it was just fines, it would be fines we can well do without. We've got some quality U18s to buy this summer and getting fined 100's of thousands for throwing the dummy out won't help one bit.

Right, if you're calling my proposals 'throwing the dummy out' then pardon my French but what the fuck was the demo, and all the sponsorship boycotts and the potential attendance boycott if not the same ruddy thing?

You're maybe missing my point Danny. All I'm saying is that the club isn't in a position to withdraw from Cup competitions when withdrawing from them would see the club hit with fines or worse. That's it. The club doing what's best for the club is paramount and overshadows any spitefullness against the SFA or other clubs. What the fans do is a different story entirely.