David Murrays Downfall - AJ

He stated many times Whyte was not the right man for the job, but the fans were more angry with him for saying it than they were doubtful of Whyte. Most thought the Knight in shining armour had ridden into town but rather a pile of shite and penniless charmer had ridden into town.

now we are all willing to listen to hear what he is saying. Closing the barn door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

I was as gullible as everyone else for the record.

He had all that info Pete all he had to do was leak it and the cat would've been out the bag we would've listened, instead he run around like a spoilt brat shouting its not fair.

Anybody who said a bad word against Whyte at that time, was a shit-stirrer to most fans.

The Independent Board were told to shut it.

I disagree - the problem was that anyone and everyone was having a go at him, but without actually giving any details. It all just looked like mud slinging - and on hind sight still does. Where were all the details about Whyte we know about now?

I disagree - the problem was that anyone and everyone was having a go at him, but without actually giving any details. It all just looked like mud slinging - and on hind sight still does. Where were all the details about Whyte we know about now?

Agree with that mate, he would have been better to put all his cards on the table and let the support make up their minds up on the evidence. Rather than disclose various bits of the puzzle through a newspaper serial.

AJ's problem may have been that he didn't have any firm evidence about Whyte. He would not have known about the Ticketus deal, which was key to discovering what Whyte was up to, and therefore everything was conjecture.

He stated many times Whyte was not the right man for the job, but the fans were more angry with him for saying it than they were doubtful of Whyte. Most thought the Knight in shining armour had ridden into town but rather a pile of shite and penniless charmer had ridden into town.

now we are all willing to listen to hear what he is saying. Closing the barn door after the horse has bolted springs to mind.

I was as gullible as everyone else for the record.

Nail on the head Pete,and I was just as gullible.

Nail on the head Pete,and I was just as gullible.

I don't think it's fair to use the word gullible. What choice did the fans have? Rather than gullible, given that he was thrust upon us, I think a load gave him a fair crack at the whip.

It's still difficult to think of a way things could be so much better as we still have that gorilla to deal with.

AJ gave us nothing concrete and it smacked of sour grapes - especially for a man who was involved in the previous board that many feel are to blame for the mess we ended up in.

AJ easily had the knowledge and skills to get our attention but he failed badly there. Most of the stuff he comes out with now still sounds like it comes from his own agenda rather than anything that is supportive of Rangers.

The big tax case?

Lloyds probably panicked because they heard whispers of Rangers men talking about how close the club was to insolvency at times and that administration was knocking at the door. The bar stewards at the bank probably planned the whole fraudulent takeover.