DR - Preferred bidder Charles Green says he's done a deal with taxman

The planet football article in the latest Private Eye edition states......

New Rangers saviour Charles Green is no stranger to football and not just from his role with Sheffield United.

Only in February he resigned for personal reasons and with immediate effect as non-executive chairman of Formation Group, a post he has held since 2010, having been a director previously.

The listed property group lost almost £12m last year due to exceptional provisions on its developments. Formation had been profitable in 2010. But more interestingly, Formation also owns Proactive Sports Management, the company run by leading football agent Paul Stretford and his partner, former Irish international Kevin Moran, owning 8% of the company.

Last year Proactive was largely successful in litigation with Wayne and Collen Rooney over unpaid fees. Formation also settled a claim over unpaid transfer fees with Gestifute, the agency run by Portugeuse agent Jorge Mendes.

The remainder of the Green post Sheffield corporate CV consists of small or dissolved companies. But no doubt through Stretford, Moran and others he can find investors with deep pockets needed to resolve Rangers tax problems

Not that it means much but I heard Andy Walker talking postively about Green recently. He was at Sheff Utd when Green arrived and according to Walker he turned Sheff Utd around from a financial basket case to the only debt free team in the Championship

Green has stated the same claim, though I think he said England, not just Championship.

Green has stated the same claim, though I think he said England, not just Championship.

I thought Boro were the bench mark for other teams? They got right out of debt and have stayed on a level playing field since?

edit= I've asked my Boro mates for info. Not that it matter much :D

Edited by Bears