Walter Smith leads bid to buy Rangers

Maybe the sale to the Newco needed to be confirmed first. One thing's for sure - They can't have been investing very much or else I don't think time zones would have got in the way.

Possibly it could well be that some of them were (back then) only willing to go the CVA route, some who would go with the newco. Maybe some of the latter got cold feet now and he demands definite answers. Another Hart needs to be avoided, I'd assume.

I'm led to believe that he had indeed a couple of bona fide Far Eastern investors but they have dropped out.

That's not including the Indonesian banker Rafat Rizvi who may well still be involved.

Seems you could all be onto something. Forlan's being consistent with info throughout this, too.

Zeus capital, who don't seem to have been doing well, spotted a good thing here.

Personally, I think Zeus Capital's role is purely an advisory one. So far two of them have been named on the board, but I don't think either will have or be representing much if any shareholding of their company. Way I see it, their role is simply to protect the investors interests and facilitate the flotation

Edited by UCF2008

Zeus Capital are not exactly rolling in the clover

http://www.zeuscapital.co.uk/index.php

http://www.duedil.com/company/04417845/zeus-capital-limited/financials

Latest turnover £1,606,874 which resulted in a loss of £84,977

The two guys brought in from Zeus haven't been at Zeus for very long forlan, so it's harsh on them to look at the Zeus financial results.

Personally, I think Zeus Capital's role is purely an advisory one. So far two of them have been named on the board, but I don't think either will have or be representing much if any shareholding of their company. Way I see it, their role is simply to protect the investors interests and facilitate the flotation

The two guys brought in from Zeus haven't been at Zeus for very long forlan, so it's harsh on them to look at the Zeus financial results.

Greens intimating Zeus Capital (the company itself) are investors, their investment must be very minor.

I can't find anything on Blue Pitch Holdings and the only thing I can link Alessandro Cello to so far is 1508 London Limited which has net assets of -£541,995.

I think the Private Eye article out today goes a long way to explain HMRC's attitude, Whyte is the reason.

I also think HMRC were of the opinion that there was no value in the CVA proposal at all.

Personally I doubt if HMRC were ever going to accept a CVA. It is seemingly on their website that they don't.

Personally I doubt if HMRC were ever going to accept a CVA. It is seemingly on their website that they don't.

Perhaps your correct, but the presence of Craig Whyte obviously made it impossible they clearly feel there's scores to be settled.

Greens intimating Zeus Capital (the company itself) are investors, their investment must be very minor.

Maybe he's just getting mixed up or talking nonsense again regarding investors?

They've appointed two guys from Zeus: Brian Stockbridge as financial director and Imran Ahmad as a non-exec director.

Where does that come from btw?

Green's statement on the official site.

"In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital.