SPL considering replacing Rangers with 'Team X' on 2012/13 fixture list

The Dutch wont have us, why would they ? Also, their scheduling will be due out too, just how would they manage to alter that for our sake, a foreign team looking to come into their system. One we know very little about in terms of the administration.

It isnt reality I am afraid.

Agree with you Craig there is no way the KNVB would consider screwing another football association or UEFA. The Dutch are not even interested in an Atlantic League as they feel the product they have now is the best in years with 4 or 5 teams in with a chance of winning the league.

:facepalm:

We can't play in the Conference as we're too big. That's what their chairmen said. Logistically impossible.

We cant play in the Conference as we're too big?

That's what their chairman said?

Logistically impossible?

Thanks Danny that really leaves me enlightened? :facepalm:

Can't see this happening as fixtures are based on seedlings. You can't just swap Rangers for a first division team. Also there is the police requirement that the two Glasgow clubs not play at home on the same day, but they could more easily factor that in.

Guest Dutchy

I was thinking about this last night.

If there's a team X in the SPL, what would that do to the other leagues?

If for instance we were to go to the 3rd div, surely there should also have to be a team Y in their fixtures. And who goes up to the 2nd. The team that came second, or the team that last the play-off, because I don't know what it is that's being attempted here.

Nothing new in that with all these blazers that run our game though!

Not sure why they're making this so difficult. There's only a few possible permutations here - i.e. they keep us in the SPL or we need to drop down x number of divisions. So the bodies can easily have fixture lists ready to go with the different permutations.

Now that the newco is sorted, the vote regarding entry to the SPL should have been lined up for Monday as the governing bodies have known all about our situation for months now, this is hardly a surprise, so they could easily just hold back on publishing the fixtures.

I really don't see how all of this is so difficult. TBH the whole thing has just shown up the SFA & SPL to be the bunch of bungling idiots we always suspected they were.

Guest Dutchy

You're missing my point!

I just used the 3rd div as an example, but we don't even know what div we'll end up in.

If it's good enough for the SPL to have a team X, what are the other leagues to do with their fixtures?