EBTs: Rangers have 'case to answer'

Only caught the gist of it on SSN (I'm in the garden) but it seems the investigation has concluded that there's a case to answer and that it will go to another panel for a ruling.

Surely Murray can't have been that stupid?

Edit: Tho it may be dual contracts. I admit I get very confused which is which.

It's the SPL's dual contracts investigation. This was published on the beeb site this afternoon:

18 June 2012

Last updated at 15:38

The Scottish Premier League says Rangers have "a prima facie case to answer in respect of [league] rules" over payments to players.

Rangers were investigated over alleged player payments outside of contract.

"Disciplinary charges will be brought when the future status of Rangers FC is clarified and prior to the start of season 2012/13," said an SPL spokesman.

Meanwhile, SPL member clubs will vote on whether a newco Rangers should be admitted to the league on 4 July.

Rangers' attempts to exit administration via a company voluntary arrangement failed after major creditor HM Revenue and Customs turned down the proposal and the clubs assets have been transferred to a new company, The Rangers Football Club, while Rangers Football Club plc are liquidated.

The club's new chief executive Charles Green has made an official request to transfer Rangers FC plc's share in the SPL to the new company to allow top flight football to continue at Ibrox.

However, the issue has to be voted on by all 12 members - including Rangers - and Green needs at least eight clubs to vote in favour of the request.

If five or more clubs vote against it, Rangers are likely to apply for the vacancy that would be created in the Scottish Football League with the intention of starting next season in Division Three.

More to follow.

It seems insane, that's why. Thinking about it, you can see why Michael Kelly was so annoyed - he and his family took pelters from the great unwashed for failing to keep up with Rangers; if we were at it the whole time, you can see why he'd be a tad miffed.

But it's still hard to believe Murray would knowingly, over a period of years, operate a scam which he knew to be outwith the rules.

Were it any other business I suppose, as a lefty type, I'd have no problem believing it. I suppose I just don't want it to be true.

"Prima facie evidence need not be conclusive or irrefutable: At this stage, evidence rebutting the case is not considered, only whether any party's case has enough merit to take it to a full trial."

I hope Murray or somebody has some evidence to show in our defence or these vultures WILL start picking at our titles.

It seems insane, that's why. Thinking about it, you can see why Michael Kelly was so annoyed - he and his family took pelters from the great unwashed for failing to keep up with Rangers; if we were at it the whole time, you can see why he'd be a tad miffed.

But it's still hard to believe Murray would knowingly, over a period of years, operate a scam which he knew to be outwith the rules.

Were it any other business I suppose, as a lefty type, I'd have no problem believing it. I suppose I just don't want it to be true.

Kelly was gone for years before ebts kicked in.