Ten questions for Charles Green

After having watched STV's interview with Dave King earlier tonight, I think some of Dave Kings frank answers to their questions actually answer some of the questions in this article from Chris/Fury.

5. How much working capital does Mr Green have to fund our club? It is reasonable for him to expect that season ticket money will be used for the costs of running our club but he has yet to show he is committing any of his own investorsâ?? funds to this. Is he expecting the fans to fund the club alone in order to make a profit for himself and his investors?

After lengthy discussions with Green, Dave King has said that the club doesn't have any money and if he's correct, then there essentially isn't any working capital or certainly very little for the season ahead.

It sounds as if Green is still trying to and planning to find new investment, but King seemed extremely skeptical about whether Green will be able to do that. I would assume King's skepticism at the moment is at least partly due to the fact that we still don't know whether or not we'll be playing in the SPL, what other sanctions we'll be slammed with and whether or not the club is able to keep it's major commercial sponsors.

6. There were allegations made in the press last week that a man named Rafat Rizvi, at one point wanted by Interpol, was involved in Charles Greenâ??s consortium. Can he categorically deny that this man is involved in any of the groups investing in the club?

Apparently Green gave Dave King assurances that nobody is involved who wouldn't pass a "fit and proper persons" test by the footballing bodies. Whether or not that includes silent investors or just people directly involved at the club, I'm not sure.

10. Can Mr Green give some clarity on why no Rangersâ?? supporting businessmen will commit funds to his consortium?

Dave King is absolutely certain that Green's consortium have a commercial business plan based on making a profit from running the club, but doesn't think that's the right business model for the club. It seemed as if he doesn't even think it's possible.

King made it clear that rather than trying to profit from the club, he thinks the club needs to be subsidised in order for it to be able to run at a loss over the next two or three seasons and no doubt other Rangers supporting businessmen with an interest in getting involved feel the same way.

It's two completely different business models. The Rangers supporting businessmen want to invest in subsidising the club and maintaining the club's strength in Scottish football, while Green's consortium are investing in a profit-making concept.

That's my take on it from what Dave King was saying to STV and he came accross as being very honest about everything in my view.

the idea of making a profit is a risky one.

we have no Europe for 3 years. last year we lost many millions even with Europe although it was a limited involvement.

we need to cut 5 to 10 million from the budget to turn a profit.

how much will cutting that much cost us in revenue another 2 million?

how much will cutting that 2 million cost us?

diffict times for Mr green ahead in terms of getting the budgets right and keeping us attractive to the fans.

very challenging I expect.

this is spot on. their may be some things we can't be told but plenty we can.

I replied to you earlier. I am floundering with what to think about all of this and I think Chris has pulled things together for me. I should have pressed agree.

the idea of making a profit is a risky one.

we have no Europe for 3 years. last year we lost many millions even with Europe although it was a limited involvement.

we need to cut 5 to 10 million from the budget to turn a profit.

how much will cutting that much cost us in revenue another 2 million?

how much will cutting that 2 million cost us?

diffict times for Mr green ahead in terms of getting the budgets right and keeping us attractive to the fans.

very challenging I expect.

My reading of the situation is that Green thinks he can bring in the money to subsidise the losses in the form of further investment up to his magical £20m mark.

However, we're not going to achieve anywhere near that if we're not in the SPL.

Guest govansw1

Fury, I read a poster on Rangers Standard suggest that ST money is paid to Oldco. If true, can Ticketus, creditors etc lay claim to this cash?

Fury, I read a poster on Rangers Standard suggest that ST money is paid to Oldco. If true, can Ticketus, creditors etc lay claim to this cash?

We're discussing this in the other thread.

The general consensus appears to be no but that's not 100% certain it seems.