Rangers to England shock

should buy berwick rangers and apply to the english league!!!!!!!

I don't see what good that would do it would be better to buy a club who already have an English registration. We would be bringing it up to Glasgow anyway so buying Berwick would give totally no advantage at all. Quite the contrary in fact as they may not be given an English registration.

The difference with Evian Thonon-Gaillard is they were a member of the French Football Federation, just now we're not so we're not looking to leave any league. That position would be strengthened if the SPL refuse us entry to the league, and if we don't have SFA membership at that time.

I think the problem, as above, will come when the SFA have to give permission for us to play games in Scotland. That could prove difficult, but as I say it could easily be challenged through the courts - but that as we know is a dangerous route.

ps - I think Cardiff and Swansea are still technically controlled by the FAW, who consider any disciplinary matters such as red cards etc, so not sure that's a workable scenario as we'd have to report to the SFA.

I have no doubt we would win in the Courts, European if not UK; but time and costs are a factor.

According to the Wikipedia article:

Swansea City play in the Premier League (as of 2011–12; this is the first season a Welsh club will play in the Premier League since its formation in 1992–93).

Cardiff City play in the Football League Championship (as of 2011–12).

Newport County and Wrexham play in the Conference National (as of 2011–12).

Colwyn Bay play in the Conference North (as of 2011–12).

Merthyr Town play in the Western Football League Premier Division (as of 2011–12).

Although all the above clubs play in the English football league system and are allowed to compete in the FA Cup, Newport County, Wrexham, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr Town are under the jurisdiction of the Football Association of Wales. Cardiff City and Swansea City previously had a similar arrangement until the 2011-12 season

Buying an English Club (and if I remember Port Vale were the last to be mentioned.

That was me who mentioned Port Vale months ago and it was a perfect opportunity to buy an English club in serious trouble for very little outlay and merge the companies. I think it might have been something an experienced (and well connected) football club administrator could have pulled off without much more than some disgruntled Vale fans protesting, but in the case of Duff & Phelps, I seriously doubt if they could have pulled it off. Bit of a moot point now tbh.

Alan Rennie‏@AllanRennie1

Bury takeover and new bidders for Rangers turns out to be a. Invention b. publicity stunt #dailyrecord

Maybe it's a 'sleight of hand' move? everyone is looking at Bury, when the business is being done elsewhere. FC Rangers copying FC United of Manchester.

Nah just daydreaming.

Alan Rennie‏@AllanRennie1

Bury takeover and new bidders for Rangers turns out to be a. Invention b. publicity stunt #dailyrecord

Presumably in that order as well - Bury takeover invented out of thin air and the Bomber bid being some sort of publicity stunt.

It might sound like something out of Reservoir Dogs, but I think Mr Green needs to be asking some serious questions of Mr Brown.