Rangers SPL membership

Guest Dutchy

There are many reasons why other clubs hate us and it's certainly not all religious related, but I'd say the whispering campaign started in the bowels of the catholic community and now they can just stand back and watch Scotltish football tear itself apart.

We deserve it really, we have such a sectarian culture.

And we're also a very secular country.

I don't know what it all means either, but if you ever find out, let me know, via some for of MEDIA!!!

BTW ...

Essentially, all we need is the oldco staying there for a wee while longer - it still has the membership, right? - and simply keep playing football. The newco can loan Ibrox et al to them for the time being, while we steady the ship. Obviously, the oldco would probably suffer another penalty (though Motherwell did not).

they can kick you out if they aren't satisfied you can complete the season.

There are many reasons why other clubs hate us and it's certainly not all religious related, but I'd say the whispering campaign started in the bowels of the catholic community and now they can just stand back and watch Scotltish football tear itself apart.

We deserve it really, we have such a sectarian culture.

And we're also a very secular country.

I don't know what it all means either, but if you ever find out, let me know, via some for of MEDIA!!!

We are hated the same way as any other successful rival football club is hated - the tims will love it right now because of our predicament - we'd be the same if it was the other way round...as for the other six clubs who've buried us, that's just the way it is in fickle football. Fuck them they say, and we feel the same about them.

Guest Dutchy
We are hated the same way as any other successful rival football club is hated - the tims will love it right now because of our predicament - we'd be the same if it was the other way round...as for the other six clubs who've buried us, that's just the way it is in fickle football. Fuck them they say, and we feel the same about them.

Which is what I'm trying to say in answer to your earlier post. I'm pretty sure that if they can easily destroy any of our institutions, it will give the septic minded more cofindence to carry on and destroy more.

Over the past 40 years plus, there have been a slow but methodical movement of the septic minded into positions within politics, the law, police and lawyers and indeed the media, print and broadcast.

After years of talking about the sillyness of basing your hatred on a battle over 300 years old, my home county, East Lothian are having re-enactments of the Battle of Prestonpans and are considering building a visitor centre under the guise of tourism to highlight Jacobite cival wars.

The techniques change, but the aim is always the same, giving Rome more say so in this country.

I'd like to get out of this country, so have little interest in it all. I only mention it because you were so strong in your condemnation of the possibilities of this potential 'Takeover'.

Okay...There seems to be a feeling that football is run by bitter catholics in this country, that is NOT the case and if you think that then god help you.

We have been kicked out of the SPL for football reasons which are septic have a free run at our world record - the rest have a better chance at European football.

The SFL next season was a certainty for us as soon as we became a 'newco' the chance of dropping into the 1st division was never going to happen due to football reasons

We will be playing our football in the 3rd division next season. We won't be a club who have been snubbed by the whole of Scotland, that's just ridiculous. How would that look to the rest of the world? It just won't happen, catholics or not.

Just what football reasons are we being punished for? I cannot think of one. There is not one football reason. It's all business reasons at best and self interest and petty reasons are more likely.

We are hated the same way as any other successful rival football club is hated - the tims will love it right now because of our predicament - we'd be the same if it was the other way round..

Speak for yourself! There are plenty of good bears who would NOT act like this if it was the other way around. I don't remember ONCE anyone from Rangers putting a boot into Celtic when they were down - laughing maybe but that was about it.

There may not have been much opportunity and the circumstances were different but there was no attempt at all to harm them. That's probably why they flourishes so quickly afterwards. I don't remember much hate or even much appetite for them disappearing - even though they were hardly a big football rival at the time.

There is not the same vehemence in much of the Rangers support - although that is probably changing now.

Can I also say that I'm disgusted by such an insulting post.

Just what football reasons are we being punished for? I cannot think of one. There is not one football reason. It's all business reasons at best and self interest and petty reasons are more likely.

Well, the bottom line is that none of the other clubs is obliged to give any reason for not voting us back into the SPL, and they're absolutely allowed to do it out of self interest.

The vote isn't a disciplinary matter so I wish people would stop refering to the result as a punishment. Even if we were completely, publically exonerated of all financial wrong-doing this afternoon, all the other clubs need to say to justify themselves is, "We wouldn't vote any other team that went under straight back into the SPL and we're not going to make an exception for you just because you generate a lot of wealth." In fact, they don't even need to say that because they're in no way obliged to justify their vote. They can just do it because they think it's better for them, or even just out of plain spite.

Will the SFL clubs take a different view of things? I'm trying to be positive about it, but there are no guarantees.

Well, the bottom line is that none of the other clubs is obliged to give any reason for not voting us back into the SPL, and they're absolutely allowed to do it out of self interest.

Yes but doing so would be against "sporting integrity"! So actually that shouldn't be allowed if that is what is being decided upon.

The vote isn't a disciplinary matter so I wish people would stop refering to the result as a punishment.

The other clubs are treating it as a punishment - for what is a question that cannot be answered, even by them. They are clueless and just hitting out pretty randomly at someone they don't like.

Even if we were completely, publically exonerated of all financial wrong-doing this afternoon, all the other clubs need to say to justify themselves is, "We wouldn't vote any other team that went under straight back into the SPL and we're not going to make an exception for you just because you generate a lot of wealth."

When you say "any other team" I think you're wrong - would they not vote themselves back in? If so then they are hypocrites of the highest order. You cannot ethically think, "one rule for me and another for anyone else", which is precisely what is happening.

In fact, they don't even need to say that because they're in no way obliged to justify their vote. They can just do it because they think it's better for them, or even just out of plain spite.

Which shows how much of a farce it is. Even on that Coach Trip program they have to openly give their reasons.

Will the SFL clubs take a different view of things? I'm trying to be positive about it, but there are no guarantees.

I can't see the SFL putting the countries largest club to death out of spite. Why would they deliberately induce something worse than Third Lannark's demise?

I agree that it's a farce - that's my point. And, yes, any mention of sporting integrity from the other SPL teams is completely hypocritical.

Unfortunately, this farce is also the reality of our situation.