I've always felt one of the most important things about football fandom is irrational, unjustifiable, nonsensical hatred of someone or something. I hated Gary Stevens, don't ask me to explain why, I can't, but I hated him all the same. I can see why someone might hate Jamie Ness today, I don't as it happens but I can excuse someone else for it. If we remove emotion from football and replace it with logic then we might as well all chuck it.

Nani, that Portugese player, I hate him, and that other fucking waste of space that played upfront for the Czechs, Baros, I fucking hate him too. Pair of cunts. Neither have ever done anything to me I should add.

JAMIE NESS is poised to complete his switch from Rangers to Stoke.

And Potters manager Tony Pulis expects to complete a double swoop on the fallen Scottish giants by signing Ness’s midfield team-mate Steven Naismith.

Scotland under-21 international Ness, 21, has agreed a four-year deal with City and is likely to be joined by Naismith, 25.

JAMIE NESS is poised to complete his switch from Rangers to Stoke.

And Potters manager Tony Pulis expects to complete a double swoop on the fallen Scottish giants by signing Ness’s midfield team-mate Steven Naismith.

Scotland under-21 international Ness, 21, has agreed a four-year deal with City and is likely to be joined by Naismith, 25.

I hope Stoke get relegated now.

Naimsith would be daft to go to Stoke. A nothing much team, coached by an infantile cheat who makes Lennon look mature.

It was Pulis' Stoke, unsurprisingly, who were the first team to feign serious injury after the Fabrice Muamba incident last season. He belongs in the gutter and I would strongly urge anyone who values football to shun him and his long ball merchants.

Naimsith would be daft to go to Stoke. A nothing much team, coached by an infantile cheat who makes Lennon look mature.

It was Pulis' Stoke, unsurprisingly, who were the first team to feign serious injury after the Fabrice Muamba incident last season. He belongs in the gutter and I would strongly urge anyone who values football to shun him and his long ball merchants.

They are one of many irrelevant Premiership sides that will never amount to anything and play dire football.