Direct Debits have been reinstated by a company called Fastpay Ltd. Check your bank

Guest bluebell12

I'm sure most people who had DDs in place were more than happy for the existing ones to be used. he only people complaining about it are those looking to be offended.

The issue was satisfactorily explained by the club and is a much more believable than the lauaghable theory that the club was trying to "steal" from people who had cancelled their DDs. Again there are plenty looking to be offended. A chunk of our support are turning into MOPEs (and I'm not lumping you in with them).

If they simply followed the correct procedure and sent out fresh mandates then they could have avoided a self-inflicted injury, the way they have acted looks amateurish, rushed and sloppy. I think those who cancelled, had written confirmation from the Ticket Office and had notified their bank have every right to feel pissed off.

I think "steal" is a bit harsh I'm more inclined to view it as a genuine f*&k up, act in haste repent at leisure and all that, anyway if the money was taken out without the appropriate authority the account holder would have received an instant refund according to the direct debit guarantee (well in theory anyway).