Direct Debits have been reinstated by a company called Fastpay Ltd. Check your bank

Guest bluebell12

Guest bluebell12

To all Fans,

Rangers fans are reporting that Direct Debits have been reinstated by a company called Fastpay Ltd. This is a Manchester based company. Got some info on them from their website.

Who We Are and What We Do

FastPay offers a Facilities Management and Bacs Commercial Bureau service that collects Direct Debits on behalf of your business or organisation. FastPay helps you access the power of Direct Debit without the formidable expense and time required to set up your own scheme. With a flat fee of 50p or less per collection, FastPay is cheaper than almost any other banking method.

FastPay has achieved a sterling reputation with its sponsoring bank and with BACS and will sort out all the formalities on your behalf. We will assign a personalised SUN (Service User Number) to your company which will identify you to your customers when they view their bank statements.

We will process all your collections on the date of your choosing with minimum involvement from your end. We will always keep you informed of any bounced or cancelled Direct Debits as soon as they occur. Bounced payments can be automatically recharged and cancelled Direct Debits can be reinstated. We even offer a service to write to your customers with regard to any irregularities or changes to their payment schedule, including bounces and cancellations.

All you have to do is complete our one-page application form and email or fax it to us. The setup procedure takes no more than 48 hours! Once set up, we will open a client trust account for you and you are then ready to start signing up and collecting from your payers immediately.

If you are using our Commercial Bureau service, we will transfer any monies collected from your payers directly to your company account or make payments from your account to your staff and suppliers. Please see our Commercial Bureau page for further details of our Bacs Approved Bureau Services.

Contact us

FastPay Ltd

Grosvenor House, Agecroft Enterprise Park,

Agecroft Road, Manchester, M27 8UWT: 0161 737 5290

F: 0161 772 3355

E: info@fastpayltd.co.uk

I would check your bank accounts to make sure. Might be a good idea to inform your credit card companies just in case. Wouldn't put anything past them

They have been reactivating cancelled direct debits without authorisation.

I thought cancelled direct debits could only be reactivated by the consumer whose bank account is being debited, no ?

This is mental. If true.

Absolutely 100% true.

I thought cancelled direct debits could only be reactivated by the consumer whose bank account is being debited, no ?

That too is my understanding of it.

I also find it strange they are transferring all the debits to the newco without the specific written authorisation of the account holder.

This could be borderline attempted fraud. Especially if bears have already notified the club that they wish their DD's cancelled.

One of our RSC guys has written confirmation from the Ticket Office that his two direct debits were cancelled yet when he checked his bank account this morning they had been reactivated.

Did your RSC guy request cancellation of the DD ? If so then it isnt borderline fraud, it IS fraud.

Yes he requested it and received written confirmation that it had been done.

He's contacted his bank who put him through to their fraud department who advised him to contact the police, he intends to do so.

Don't know about fraud but it's pretty common with a lot of companies, I've had a couple of them do it two me after the final DD is paid. They will tell you they handed collection over to a different collecting house without updating their data.