Company name....

Been thinking a wee bit about the company name - currently Sevco Scotland.

According to reports, the plan is to change it to The Rangers FC PLC (or similar) as soon as possible.

Why the need to change???

Over the past weeks/months there has been mass confusion between The Football club & the governing company. By keeping the company name completely different ie. Sevco Scotland, this would then give a clear differential between the two entities.

It should change because the company that owns us should be called Rangers.

It should have been done by now. It takes less than an hour to do all the paper-work and and process a name change on-line, although it may take a little longer than the standard 3 hours to get confirmation back from Companies House as the proposed name is very similar to the oldco's name.

What would nomally happen in this situation is that oldco would change its name allowing newco to adopt it. I guess part of the problem is that, although Sevco own the rights to the name, it is difficult to get oldco to change its name due to the requirement of holding an EGM and it would require notice to be given unless you could get the shareholders to consent to waive that.

My solution would be that Sevco changes its name on an interim basis to The Rangers FC 2012 Limited or something similar (which should be allowed) until we can allow it to be changed to the proposed The Rangers FC Limited. It's got to be better than remaining Sevco.

It should change because the company that owns us should be called Rangers.

It should have been done by now. It takes less than an hour to do all the paper-work and and process a name change on-line, although it may take a little longer than the standard 3 hours to get confirmation back from Companies House as the proposed name is very similar to the oldco's name.

What would nomally happen in this situation is that oldco would change its name allowing newco to adopt it. I guess part of the problem is that, although Sevco own the rights to the name, it is difficult to get oldco to change its name due to the requirement of holding an EGM and it would require notice to be given unless you could get the shareholders to consent to waive that.

My solution would be that Sevco changes its name on an interim basis to The Rangers FC 2012 Limited or something similar (which should be allowed) until we can allow it to be changed to the proposed The Rangers FC Limited. It's got to be better than remaining Sevco.

but WHY the need to change it at all - is there a legal reason??? Keeping the name completely different means there is no confusion - Sevco Scotland owns Rangers Football club. IF Sevco go bust or sell etc, it would clearly be the company, not the club.

but WHY the need to change it at all - is there a legal reason??? Keeping the name completely different means there is no confusion - Sevco Scotland owns Rangers Football club. IF Sevco go bust or sell etc, it would clearly be the company, not the club.

Coz I'd get sick of everyone calling us Sevco rather than Rangers. We should have binned the Sevco tag long before now. There's loads of Sevco companies out there. Who knows what they all do.

Coz I'd get sick of everyone calling us Sevco rather than Rangers. We should have binned the Sevco tag long before now. There's loads of Sevco companies out there. Who knows what they all do.

in a few months (hopefully....) no one will care what the controlling company is called - it'll be about the team on the pitch!!!

Opting for something like Rangers Holdings as Der Berliner suggest would maybe be a better option.

Just stumbled across this rubbish again ...

Rangers went into administration owing up to £134m to unsecured creditors and will eventually be liquidated.

That happens when the club and the company share the same names. Whether they do this out of spite, to mock us or simply being incompetent does not matter to me. It is annoying and misleading.