Why we should not pay football debts.

Of course not they have already liquidated the old company, Football debt didn't put us into administration, these are the people we require on side to trade in the future. You're really just picking holes now for the sake of it.

No idea what your going on about mate.

Debt end off got us into admin, you cant claim to be better than others and then pick and choose what debt you pay back.

Also, the old company has not been liquidated yet.

For all the people going on about honour and stuff i take it you also want us to pay back every debt? Even The big tax case if it went against the club?

No or ticketus, for the simple reason the taxman could've stepped in anytime in the last god knows how many years but instead choice not to, then comes a calling while hitting us with years of penalties. As for Ticketus they made their bed so they can lie in it.

Guest govansw1

First things first. Nobody at The Rangers FC loses their job if we are in a lower division. Small Share Holders, Denenture Holders followed by small creditors.

Football debt can be from money due from other clubs.

It's not a matter of legal or not, it's a matter of honour. If we want to regrow to be even bigger and better than we have to do it right!

If we want to claim our History we have to accept our responsibilities.

And it's not a matter of "Look at what they've done to us", we have no control over what others do, but we do have a (small) say in what Rangers does to others. Let the others cheat, let the others bully and be bigots. But let Rangers be above that and reclaim the moral high ground.

Under Scottish law, these creditors are and must be treated exactly the same way as any other unsecured creditor. This means that any attempt to settle these debts in full, would be illegal.

If the above is correct and I dont know if it is or not then, would we be breaking the law by paying back the debts ?

Under Scottish law, these creditors are and must be treated exactly the same way as any other unsecured creditor. This means that any attempt to settle these debts in full, would be illegal.

If the above is correct and I dont know if it is or not then, would we be breaking the law by paying back the debts ?

But the "debts" would be getting paid for by a different company - you could view it as donations to certain clubs!!!

Then we have to accept it ALL, and not just the bits we like.

Im not saying we should not pay the debts , I was making the point that somebody had post in another thread that it would be illegal to pay they debts in full because under Scots law these creditors must be treated exactly the same way as any other unsecured creditor.

I dont know if that is correct or not .