Greed kills-BOCANEGRA

CARLOS BOCANEGRA doesnâ??t regret signing for Rangers.

He wishes circumstances were different and he could return to the club.

But Captain America blames one man for wrecking his dream.

Heâ??ll never forgive Craig Whyte for the GREED which has brought Rangers to their knees.

Boca blasted: â??I donâ??t regret going to Rangers.

â??I love the club, the people about it, I enjoy it all.

â??The support worldwide and in Glasgow is unbelievable.

â??But it is kind of sad to see that the actions of one guy can affect so many people.

â??They can affect a nation because Rangers are such a big institution in Scotland.

â??Whether you support them or you donâ??t, itâ??s a household name and they and Celtic are what make Scottish football function.

â??Itâ??s too bad someoneâ??s greed can ruin so many lives. That was a bit frustrating to me.â?

The Gers defender insists he is desperate to stay at Ibrox.

But heâ??s waiting to find out the fate of crisis-torn Rangers before making a final call.

The USA stalwart didnâ??t return for pre-season training at Murray Park on Thursday.

Heâ??s been allowed extra time off after spending the summer playing in World Cup qualifiers.

He could be promoted to skipper if he stays, after Steven Davis and Allan McGregor both walked away.

But heâ??s refusing to commit himself to Gers until he knows at what level they will compete in the new season.

Asked if he would be quitting, he said: â??I donâ??t know. I want to stay, I love that place.

â??Iâ??ve really grown to enjoy the atmosphere going into training every day, the city, the culture and the lifestyle there.

â??A rulingâ??s coming up whether we stay in the SPL or not.

â??After that I will have to do some thinking and speak to the coaching staff and the other players to see whatâ??s going on and then Iâ??ll know more.

â??Iâ??d like to stay if everything works out.

â??The biggest thing for me with Rangers was Champions League football. That was the one club competition Iâ??d never been a part of, so the lure of playing in the Champions League with Rangers was a huge attraction. But now thatâ??s been taken away from us and Iâ??ve come to terms with that and it might never happen now.

â??Like I said, I do want to stay at Rangers.

â??Iâ??m hoping that it works out and that we can stay in the SPL. I canâ??t speculate further because I donâ??t know what the decision is going to be and then I have to go from there.â?

Bocanegra, 33, is convinced Gers will live on regardless.

He said: â??The Rangers brand is so big globally and especially in Europe that itâ??s never going to go away.

â??The fanbase of 50,000 every week, that just doesnâ??t go away from a name change.

â??Itâ??s a technicality â?? add a word or take one away â?? but the Rangers brand will be there forever.

â??Things like this happen and unfortunately for me and the guys at Rangers right now, we were the guys who took the brunt of it.

â??But the club will go on and 10 or 15 years down the road probably most people wonâ??t remember this.

â??Unfortunately, it was just my time period and the other guys at Rangers and itâ??s just something we had to deal with.â?

Bocanegra was on course for a league winnersâ?? medal after a sparkling start to the season before Rangersâ?? world came crashing around them with a losing run, administration and a 10-point penalty.

And he admits he will look back at an incredible season with frustration.

He said: â??The season had a lot of ups and downs. When I got there everything was great, we were on a 15-game winning streak and it was amazing.

â??But then around Christmas time we started to hear rumours about possible administration and that came in February.

â??That just kind of pulled the rug from under us, so that was a bit difficult.

â??When you get docked 10 points and youâ??re in a title race, thatâ??s something that takes the wind out of your sails. We couldnâ??t really catch Celtic then.

â??That hurt and we got a few injuries as well. But one thing we said was that we donâ??t want to feel sorry for ourselves.

â??You donâ??t want to be guys who make all these excuses and so we said whatever happens, we are still going to go for it.

â??But in the back of everyoneâ??s minds it was: â??Well, the season is over, weâ??ll not win the title.â??

â??Of course, we were going to go out and try our hardest, but you win and Celtic win, so itâ??s kind of like we knew that 10 points was going to hurt.

â??It was always on our minds and things like that suck.â?

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4402576/One-person-is-to-blame-for-ruining-so-many-lives.html#ixzz1zEJlMk4K

Carlos has come out and called it exactly, he's 33 had never played in the CL and joined a club who would have taken him there. If Boca leaves then who would blame him? He's a yank in his Autumn years not proclaiming to be a Rangers fan but having a sensible feeling for the club.

F**k all those Fleck Whittaker types who know what Rangers is all about yet come out with unacceptable comments on why they jumped ship.

Good luck Carlos and best wishes wherever your career takes you.

For years even our own board were ripping off the fans and look where it has got us!

Could you say " you weren't moaning when Rangers were winning trophies"?? Did anyone have the foggiest idea what was going on behind closed doors with our great club I'm fookin RAGIN!!!