Great read from RM's Bluepeter9

I did ask him if it was ok first!

At the moment we have thread after thread wallowing in the thought of other teams upcoming demise. We even have a 'Revenge' thread started by the illlustrious CanadaReady but can we should we really go on like this.

Football is tribal. Football is passionate. Football creates intense rivalry but we are allowing what has happened to us to create football hatred.

Looking at the CR revenge thread - there is not one team in the SPL we don't "hate", there is hardly a football team in Scotland we are not calling for revenge on and not one media outlet we should ever read/listen to again.

But does any of this help Rangers?

For Rangers to recover to full health, in fact for Rangers to be all we want it to be Rangers have to be playing in a credible league with credible opposition. There is no point in us fighting our way back to the top, if that top is but a pimple on the face of real serious football.

The demise of Scottish football is NOT in Rangers best interest. I fully understand the levels of passion, bordering on hatred, directed against those who, while not responsible for the financial melt down we faced, leaped onto the bandwagon with such fearvour it is extermely difficult to not come out swinging and not be seeking revenge. But for the sake of Rangers this is something we must do.

Rangers are a real power in Scotland - recent events have shown that our fanbase carries clout and is needed for the financial well being of of the game, and it is this power we should weild for the good of the game and the betterment of Rangers - but this power should NOT be used to help destroy the game our power should be weilded for the betterment of the game.

So what needs to be done.

1. The current SFA / SPL "leadership" has proven unfit for purpose and yes regime change is needed - but not for revenge but because the current regimes have proven inept. But once the regime has changed we need to be actively involved with bringing common sense back to the table - we need to work WITH the SFA to support the betterment of the game - it is impossible for us to do so with the current leadership - but after they have gone we need to forgive and move on. Take a big breath and embrace a new regime.

2. We suspect 5 other SPL clubs of being financially unstable - we should work to make sure no other set of fans has to go through the shit we have gone through - we should NOT be seeking revenge and their demise - but ensuring there is a recognised way to deal with these situations - and if 5 SPL clubs do go to the wall this season I dont think that Div3 is the answer because Scottish football would take so long to recover from that hit we may well become little better than the League of Ireland. We have a recognised points deduction for administartion - and I think a newco event should be treated in a similar manner but in the next season (so if you go Newco you get points deducted now and next season - and if that leads to relegation so be it - BUT it should be no worsse than that with an easy transfer of SPL/SFA membership to newco. - Now I know that if different to how we are being treated - but how we are being treated is unfair - and if it is unfair to us - it is unfair to any team in a similar situation.

3. Perhaps the hardest thing for us to do - but there should be NO boycotts of those who have sinned against us - our fan bases is power, money is power - but we should use that power to help the game become stronger - taking money out of the game through boycotts does not strengthen our position, does not make our league more creditable - our team deserves our support at any ground we go to and if it helps bring a financial well being to our game then I see that as part of our role.

I dont think Scottish football can survive the wrath of the angry Rangers support and it would be to our detriment if we allow pure revenge and anger to shape our actions moving forward - I would rather we used our strength for the good of Scottish football - using our strength to build, to provide ;leadership and to protect our game and our club - that is the way forward.

I should say I don't agree, I want my revenge and I don't care if it's hot or cold. It's just possible that on that issue I am sadly lacking in maturity.

But that doesn't take away from a fine piece.

I don't think I have ever agreed with BP9 and that continues....

"recent events have shown that our fanbase carries clout" - I must have missed that...

We don't have much strength and Celtic will continue to do everything to ensure that continues through their influence with Regan. We act all nicey, nicey and we will get nowhere. We have to fight and fight hard.

It seems that BP9 has learned nothing from the events of the past few weeks.

The Rangers support has been demonised and our club looted. Their will be a time to make friends, starting next season in SFL3. There has to be a reckoning with some others before there can be any hope of reconciliation and I think that this is a necessary part of the process.

Well considered post and probably the right approach, however I find it difficult to get over the hatred we have been subjected to by pretty much everyone team in the spl and beyond. Personally I find that hard to forgive or forget

Guest Bluepeter9

We did agree - once - LOL

Our fan base does carry clout - demonstrated by the fact that Rhagan et. al. are desparate to get us back into the SPL asap - Div1 route or SPL2 route shows how desparately they need us - and that is down to our fan base and that is down to our clout. Rhagan and Liewell need to be taken on - head first - but not in a way that weakens all of us but by showing them how weakened they really are without us. With credible leadership in the club our fans base gives us real power what we lack is the leadership to use it - Green seems to be pretty combative and time will tell if he takes these battles on - but there is NO point fighting without a goal - and our goal has to be a strong Rangers and we wont get that in a weak lead - unless we are happy with the big fish small pond mentality. I want back to the TOP!

I used to think that way but now think that Scottish football is so rotten it needs knocking down and starting again. It needs a catharsis where badly run clubs who are parasites on the Old Firm have to justify their existence. Scottish football is bloated with too many tiny clubs who are intent on being tails that wag the dog.

We have 42 clubs in a nation of 5m people while England have 92 from a population of over 10 times that amount. It is not right that 40 of those clubs have 40 votes that have the power to kill a club with almost as many fans as them put together but only receive 1 solitary vote. It's not fair that clubs with less than a one percent of the support of Rangers want about 5-10% of the TV and sponsorship money that is given to the ibrox club.

Maybe that sounds like making the leagues fairer by decreasing the gap between the rich and poor but when you have too many mouths to feed, everyone goes hungry. What we need is less mouths. We need to reintroduce survival of the fittest and allow the weak to fall by the wayside and re-invent themselves at their real level in a non SFL competition.

There is something rotten in the state of Scottish football and I'd like the stench to be expunged. We need to cut out the diseased parts and allow the rest to thrive with a larger share of the available resources.

I want us to go to division three and I want the financially weak teams who can't cope with the harvest they have sown by lack of financial sense, to go to the wall and present us with a smaller, leaner and ultimately healthier league to play in that recognise that decisions have to be made for the game as a whole rather than pure self interest and greed.

I want us to come back to a proper democracy where every fan has one vote rather than some who have far more clout per head than others.

I'd like to see a maximum of two leagues of 16 which maybe follow the Belgian model and have relegation and promotion at the bottom via a competition for the best of the non-league sides and the worst of the second division.

The whole game needs an overhaul and watching a few well known clubs disappearing from existence my just give the motivation for real change for the better for the whole of Scottish football.