Ally - This is what I wanted

anyway, who dropped our number one and picked alexander?

In picking Alexander, Ally was simply continuing the tradition that he and Walter had followed previously of rewarding Alexander with some cup games for his loyalty as our number two goalie. It's not as if Alexander isn't an extremely good keeper either.

In picking Alexander, Ally was simply continuing the tradition that he and Walter had followed previously of rewarding Alexander with some cup games for his loyalty as our number two goalie. It's not as if Alexander isn't an extremely good keeper either.

you mean he was still trying to copy walter and did not have the bottle or brains to change tradition. very weak imo and speaks volumes.

you mean he was still trying to copy walter and did not have the bottle or brains to change tradition. very weak imo and speaks volumes.

I disagree. He continued the tradition that Walter and he had with playing Alexander in certain cup games because it would have been dishonourable to do otherwise. Who are we to judge Ally for doing that? We don't even know all the facts. For all we know Walter and Ally made a deal with Alexander to keep him sweet and Ally was just honouring the deal.

who is being insulted?

I'm sure nobody will be taking it to heart (I doubt even Ally would if he was in any way interested in reading fan forums) but you did accuse fans who don't agree with you of being scared to criticise.

kuznetsov, playing Alexander in cup games has no doubt also been about squad rotation and giving our number two goalie some proper competitive match time in case we needed to call on him in the event that McGregor got injured or left the club.

I'm sure nobody will be taking it to heart (I doubt even Ally would if he was in any way interested in reading fan forums) but you did accuse fans who don't agree with you of being scared to criticise.

i wouldnt call that an insult mate

I disagree. He continued the tradition that Walter and he had with playing Alexander in certain cup games because it would have been dishonourable to do otherwise. Who are we to judge Ally for doing that? We don't even know all the facts. For all we know Walter and Ally made a deal with Alexander to keep him sweet and Ally was just honouring the deal.

it was supposed to be a new regime, new ideas, new tactics and a new way of doing things. there is nothing dishounarable about a back up player sitting on the bench that is what they do. we are fans, we all have opinions and thoughts, we are entitled to praise and criticise when we think it merits. deal? we are doing deals with subs now? c'mon zappa, get real!

kuznetsov, playing Alexander in cup games has no doubt also been about squad rotation and giving our number two goalie some proper competitive match time in case we needed to call on him in the event that McGregor got injured or left the club.

most likely but that does not make it right

we are doing deals with subs now? c'mon zappa, get real!

I wouldn't have a problem with that if a deal had been done with Alexander regarding getting match time in cup games. Keeping an excellent No.2 goalie happy can't be particularly easy!!

i wouldnt call that an insult mate

You and I aren't afraid to speak our minds on here mate. Why would you think it's a fair comment to suggest others are?

By the same token though I admit that I did suggest fans who think our return to the SPL will be a walk in the park are deluded so, as much as it wasn't intended as such, that could also be perceived as an insult

Edited by UCF2008