£80m sky deal will be torn up

Lifted from FF

Extract from the Peterhead version of the Evening Express

Sorry if I have made any typos.....Heres an extract......

Peterhead chairman Rodger Morrison today outlined his plans to cash in on Rangers entry to the third division. The Blue toon is buzzing with excitement ahead of the new season following the news of Gers joining their tier. The Ibrox club kick off the league campaign in the Buchan town on August 11. And Balmoor chief Morrison revealed frozen-priced season ticket sales have been hitting the roof. He said : "Since it was decided Rangers were to be playing 3rd division football next season fans have been queuing to buy season ickets. I dont know the exact figure but the season ticket demand is high. Everybody is excited at the prospect of Rangers in the league.It's something that has never happened before."

A bumper crowd is expected at Balmoor next month when Ally McCoists side battle with their fellow promotion hopefuls.

Morrison said that the club had started arrangements for the match already, with temporary stands expected to fill the spaces behind each goal.

He said the demand for the Rangers game next month will be similar to when we played Celtic, if not more. There are a lot of people wanting to get tickets.Rangers will obviously bring a large support up here. We already know they have a big following in Peterhead.

Much of the talk surrounding Gers was down to the future of lucrative television deals. Scottish Premier League clubs are expecting their share of Sky and ESPN deals to be reduced with the absence of Rangers and the Old Firm glamour. Morrison revealed today he has already received bids for his club's opening match from major broadcasters, He said "We have already had inquiries and offers from broadcast companies who are wanting to show the Rangers game. I cant reveal the names but hope we can strike a deal soon' The phone hasnt stopped ringing with potential sponsors also wanting to be part of the big game.

I love it!,all the chairmen of the 3rd divison clubs are rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of a severe cash input due to the Rangers,and all the chairmen of the diddy SPL clubs are shiting themselves

Guest Dutchy

So if you can't get up to Peterhead and the game is TVised by say, ITV/BBC, what a dilema if there's a live SPL sky game on at the same time?

Oh, I'll wrack my brains over who to watch, not! lol

Read it and weep SPL teams.

Guest tdotbear

their chairman says he is talking with different broadcasters about showing the game.

does the home team get to pick which provider and collect the fee?

anyone know how it works in the SFL?

their chairman says he is talking with different broadcasters about showing the game.

does the home team get to pick which provider and collect the fee?

anyone know how it works in the SFL?

This has to be approved by the SFA,I think?