Anyone go to any Premiership games?

Really don't get this two team thing - especially one that's in the country which are basically your international football rivals. Every penny spent in England is a nail in the coffin of Scottish football.

I live here and couldn't bear to support an English team. Seems to me to be a slippery slope that will end up with most Scots having an English team as their first choice and casually supporting (read "looking out for the results for") a "diddy" Scottish team as they are local.

We're heading for a league of Wales but without the two big teams in the upper English leagues. In fact thinking about that it seems probable that Welsh football will be far better and richer than ours. Swansea and Cardiff will soon dwarf the Old Firm if they don't already.

Thanks, now away and shite.

What an intelligent response...

Maybe you need to look past your nose and realise there are points of view other than your own.

Sorry, I missed the part where I created this topic to debate about the pros and cons of following English sides.

Maybe you need to look past your nose and realise that not everybody is interested remotely in anything you have to say.

I haven't got two fucks for english fitba' they are the scourge of football.

I remember as a kid wearing a West Ham top, Clyde Best played for them at the time? don't know where the **** I got it but I wore it like it was something to be proud of...then I got this Rangers top and suddenly it really meant something and the rest is history really.

Come to think of it...it was the shirt we wore in 1972.

Clyde Best is still kicking around here in Bermuda :D. He has an annual tournament for the kids with overseas invited teams. He is probably still Bermuda's most revered sportsman, along with Clarence Hill.

Sorry, I missed the part where I created this topic to debate about the pros and cons of following English sides.

Wasn't it when you put the title as "Anyone go to any premiership games" in a thread on a forum where people like to debate stuff?

Maybe you need to look past your nose and realise that not everybody is interested remotely in anything you have to say.

Why would that even be relevant? Do you realise that if people only spoke when everybody is interested the no-one would speak at all?

However, my problem is people like yourself who take so much of an interest in what I say that they get their knickers in a twist and become abusive. If you're not interested then ignore it instead of hitting out.

I've been to Anfield a couple of times, but only because a few boys I know are Scousers & Kop fans. I cheer when they score & will them to win as it makes for a better night in the pub.. but I wouldn't say I support them.

Wasn't it when you put the title as "Anyone go to any premiership games" in a thread on a forum where people like to debate stuff?

Why would that even be relevant? Do you realise that if people only spoke when everybody is interested the no-one would speak at all?

However, my problem is people like yourself who take so much of an interest in what I say that they get their knickers in a twist and become abusive. If you're not interested then ignore it instead of hitting out.

There's a difference between threads designed to instigate debate and threads designed to simply seek personal advice about something. It's quite clear though that this doesn't hold you back, you must stick your oar in and take the thread over with your monotonous, condescending irrelevance.