Official: Kennedy bids £5.6m for 51% of the club

It's a consortium of various groups and individuals.

I guess you're suggesting they're all in cahoots which, admitttedly they might be - although there's no real evidence one way or the other.

Regardless, there's nothing to stop BK or anyone else buying in and having an influence. Just not absolute control.

I'm fairly sure they are working together.

greens consortium own 100%. how is that not total. control.

if Kennedy and 5 mates but 11% each will we still pretend no one man has total control.

That's the point though, throughout the whole drawn out bidding process, there was more than sufficient opportunity for all these jokers to get a deal done. Instead, they pissed about with low bids that didn't stand a chance of getting PB status nevermind give HMRC food for thought with regards to the CVA.

Now they're all still hanging around taking it in turns to put in yet more insufficient bids to take over the club and dividing the support in the process. Has it not yet occurred to this mob that were they to join forces they might be able to obtain close enough to a 50% shareholding that the remainder required to gain a combined controlling interest would be achievable at time of flotation.

I'm fairly sure they are working together.

There's no real evidence one way or the other.

All you can do is choose which unsubstantiated rumour you pay creedence to.

For all that's worth.

That's the point though, throughout the whole drawn out bidding process, there was more than sufficient opportunity for all these jokers to get a deal done. Instead, they pissed about with low bids that didn't stand a chance of getting PB status nevermind give HMRC food for thought with regards to the CVA.

Now they're all still hanging around taking it in turns to put in yet more insufficient bids to take over the club and dividing the support in the process. Has it not yet occurred to this mob that were they to join forces they might be able to obtain close enough to a 50% shareholding that the remainder required to gain a combined controlling interest would be achievable at time of flotation.

has it occurred to you that green won't allow his control to drop below 50%.

flotation or otherwise.

has it occurred to you that green won't allow his control to drop below 50%.

flotation or otherwise.

That would be on the assumption that Green is pulling the strings of all the current shareholders should he be actually prepared to make a 50% shareholding available to the fans as he's said he will.

they could. mind you green wanted 8 million for 50% from Walter.

that's a lot of money just to find you have no control.

Well, I would assume they would know what percentage they would each be purchasing before they handed over the cash.

Green would either agree to the sale or he wouldn't.

Statement From Brian Kennedy

Monday 24th July 2012

This evening my Lawyers have submitted to the offices of Zeus Capital, a copy of the offer document, along with proof of funding, that was considered and rejected by the controlling investors in Sevco around 27th June 2012.

However, this offer will remain on the table for an open ended period of time.

I fully respect it is the legal prerogative of the controlling investors to accept or reject any offers for the shares, but I remain ready willing and able to support the long term interests of Rangers Football Club.

@swannymediaman