Ironic response to the our situation....

Ok I might get pelters for this but is anyone else somewhat concerned that our new found "status" in Division 3 may create a sideshow/novelty atmosphere among our fans? I am fully aware that we will have to eat humble pie for 3/4 years down in the lower leagues and that means travelling to grounds that we are not accustomed to and playing teams that we would only face in the early rounds of the cup in years gone by but I fear that there might be an ironic response to this situation among our fans.

I recall it happening with Aberdeen fans in the 90's after their run of success in the 80's. They would turn up in mumbers only for one off games (OF, Europe etc.) and when they were getting gubbed they would cheer ironically when their OWN team managed somehting decent. Their chants even descended down the self-deprecation route. I have also seen this in the Scotland/Tartan Army fans. The core of the fans treat football like a travelling social club where football and success becomes secondary.

Granted I'm probably being a tad mellow dramatic but IMO we are too big and succesful for our team to go down this route and I would hate our new status to turn into something of a circus sideshow

I'm not sure that reaction to set back is in our DNA. Our form of dissent is a bit more Red Clydeside/Paisley Weaver/Covenanter style, and we're the better for it.

I hope not Amms. I'm all for humour in our songs but it's just weird hearing some of the stuff from yesterday. ie. Songs about the mhanks not being able to win the Ramsdans Cup. I know it's tongue firmly in cheek etc. but all this shit is still too raw for self parody at this stage for this fan

Early days I think, honeymoon period and all that.

At the moment we have to make the most of our situation.

The fans have gone through a hard 6 months, as have Ally and the faithful players.

We owe it to ourselves at the moment.

There is no doubt there will be more hard times ahead.

Early days I think, honeymoon period and all that.

At the moment we have to make the most of our situation.

The fans have gone through a hard 6 months, as have Ally and the faithful players.

We owe it to ourselves at the moment.

There is no doubt there will be more hard times ahead.

Agree mate. As I said above I'm probably being a bit dramatic but I still think back and see Aberdeen going from a decent team in the early 90's to a joke of a side in the space of 3/4 seasons. During that time their fans almost accepted their fall from grace and indeed started down the self parody route. It was embarrassing to be honest

Guest Dutchy

The social aspect of football is always going to be there and I hope it always is.

There's nothing wrong with having a laugh at a football match either, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We might even come out with a few gems as far as chants and songs go.

The social aspect of football is always going to be there and I hope it always is.

There's nothing wrong with having a laugh at a football match either, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We might even come out with a few gems as far as chants and songs go.

I would love that, but sadly I think our support doesn't often show its sense of humour.