Leggat is a bitter bitter man

Whatever page Rule 66 is on in the SFA rule Book, it must be the one with the most worn edge, so often has it been used against Rangers and its officials in recent times.

The Rule 66 bullet is now loaded in Vincent Lunny's gun, ready to be popped into Charles Green's skull, after the Rangers CEO's provocative comments about bigotry being behind the SPL's decision to cast Rangers out of the "top flight."

Green also apparently joined in with the clapping part of the "If You Hate Stewart Regan" chant.

In one afternoon Charles Green has obliterated much of the suspicion surrounding him and has become a folk hero with many of the Ibrox minions. Clever PR if he meant it. Lucky PR if he didn't.

But there's a problem.

The SFA are now demanding that Charles Green prove his accusations of bigotry with verifiable quotes, evidences etc or be hit with breach of the SFA's catch-all anti-Rangers measure: the aforementioned Rule 66.

This should be an easy charge to shrug off, since not even the legal system in Scotland has yet managed to properly define exactly what bigotry is. But that won't be good enough for the SFA.

The inability to define and thus prove bigotry makes it an impossible thing for Charles Green to defend.

I believe Rangers are the victims of bigotry by other SPL clubs. I can say that because I am just blogging; I don't presume to speak for Rangers. Most Rangers fans think we have been the victim of bigotry throughout this whole crisis time.

Bigotry is part of the game in Scottish football. To be honest, many Rangers fans dish it out better than they receive it. I am saying this based on my own definition of bigotry, which is senseless hate.

Rangers were in an environment of toxic hate while in the SPL. Thankfully, that is no longer the case.

The problem is not that Charles Green is wrong; the problem is that saying what he did has just stirred up the SFA once more to thumb its favourite page in the rule book. His clapping at the Regan song was also beneath his position. He should be censured by the Rangers board.

Why make a more bitter enemy out of an already bitter enemy? Charles Green has handed Stewart Regan a golden opportunity to continue the SFA's persecution of Rangers, at a time when we just need to keep our heads low and get on with football in the SFL.

Own goal, Charles. We might agree with your sentiments but getting yourself a "Sir Charles" tag from some of the Rangers support is not what you are in your job for.

Not if it hurts the club.

Charles Green may have just learned his most valuable lesson about football here in Scotland...

You only play the bigot card with a strong hand.

a blog by bill mcmurdo.

We all forget ourselves. We of course can NEVER be victims of bigotry. Don't you know we are the bigoted ones, no one else. Especially not those nice IRA lovers down the road :sneaky:

Anyway it maybe was the most advised thing to say but Leggo is back to his hyperbole which makes me switch off. We got one good article without it, twas nice for a day.