Leggat is a bitter bitter man

Monday, 30 July 2012

GREEN BIDS TO FOOL FANS BY PLAYING THE BIGOT CARD

IF Charles Green did not exist it would be hard for any spinner of fictional yarns to invent such a character.

For Charles Green, the oft proven liar, is beyond belief.

But he nothing if not predictable. It is just over a week since I pointed out Charles Green had started to circle his wagons and create a bogey man for Rangers supporters to focus their hate on.

At the time Charles Green settled on an easy target when he picked on Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan, a man who appears to have a clear agenda against Rangers.

If his clap-happy performance at Brechin, lacking in class and dignity, is anything to go by, he is now taking his tactic to a new low rabble rousing level.

My warning to Rangers fans was that they would be mugs to fall for the same three card trick, the same playing to their prejudices, for a second successive season.

For I pointed out that all Charles Green was doing was the same as Craig Whyte did when he lined up BBC Scotland as another easy target for supporters to hate, thus diverting their attention away from the way he was going about raping Rangers.

The result was that ace conman Craig Whyte got a way with it, with the consequences for Rangers and their fans, being administration, liquidation, demotion to the Third Division, a whopping SFA fine and an 18-month-long transfer embargo.

Perhaps the success of that Craig Whyte ploy was in Charles Greenâ??s mind even before the game at Brechin when he let rip, pressing to nuclear button for Rangers fans by citing bigotry as one of the reasons when the SPL and SFA have come down to so hard on Rangers.

Or perhaps Charles Greenâ??s advisors set him up to say it. After all, Charles Green has the same advisors Craig Whyte had when he unleashed his tirade against BBC Scotland.

Though those same advisors must have been in despair when Charles Green responded to the chant from Rangers fans of "If you hate Stewart Regan clap your hands," by doing just that.

Or perhaps Charles Green is a regular reader here and took his information about the SFA and SPL from this slot.

Though I have to say I cannot ever recall ever claiming, as Charles Green did, that while some of what has happened to Rangers was driven by bigotry, some of it has been driven by jealousy and some it has been driven by all the wrong reasons.

The reason that has never appeared here is simple. It is mumbo jumbo, as much of what spews from Charles Greenâ??s mouth, when he is not telling lies, is.

That bit at the end, for instance, about some of it having been driven by all the wrong reasons, implies that bigotry and jealousy are not all the wrong reasons.

But letâ??s leave that aside for the moment.

Returning to Charles Greenâ??s increasingly desperate moves to try and get supporters on his side in the week when he is going to launch a plea for them to buy season tickets, his bigoted broadside may have carried more weight had it not been handed on an exclusive plate to arch Rangers hater and rabid Celtic fan, BBC Scotlandâ??s Chris â??Scroteâ? McLaughlin.

BBC Scotland in general is loathed by Rangers supporters, with Chris "Scrote" McLaughlin a particular hate figure.

A wee mistake there Charlie.

Another wee blunder is in Charles Green having taken over a month to be able to pinpoint what every Rangers supporter knows and has been reading about here and talking about everywhere.

Simply, that there are a lot of hateful bigots out there in some of Scotlandâ??s darkest places â?? Parkhead, Pittodrie, Easter Road and Tannadice in particular â?? and the evil which festers inside these cesspools has spewed all over Rangers.

Rangers supporters do not need me to tell them that. And they certainly do not need any oft-times proven liar and snake oil salesman such as Charles Green to deliver his dodgy spiel as a prelude to him trying to fill the coffers of the faceless men who own Rangers with the hard earned cash of rank and file Rangers supporters.

Of course Rangers fans want to support their team and Brechin City have been the first to benefit from their diehard support with a full house on Sunday.

But supporting Rangers does not mean they have to buy season tickets and stuff the pockets of Charles Green and those faceless man who own Rangers, with their hard earned dough by buying those season tickets.

What is quite the thing for them to do and also the right thing for them to do, is buy match day tickets on a game-to-game basis.

In fact, there is no requirement for Third Division matches at Ibrox to be all ticket. With crowds of around 25,000 to 30,000 expected, there is no reason why Rangers cannot revert to the old ways of paying at the gate.

Of course that is not Charles Greenâ??s way. No, Charles Greenâ??s way is to try and tempt Rangers supporters to cough up cash in advance so he can prove to the faceless men who own Rangers that there is, after all, a fast buck to be made out of Rangers fans.

Which is why, once again, Charles Green is trying to take those Rangers fans for mugs by playing the bigot card in the hope it can work as well for him as turning on BBC Scotland did for Craig Whyte, who was then able to go about raping Rangers unhindered while supporters turned their attention elsewhere.

Of course, if what worked for Craig Whyte was to work for Charles Green, then some may say he was right in the manner of how he is trying to treat Rangers supporters.

Now, more than ever, Rangers fans must be on their guard. And not just against Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster, Peter Lawwell, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hibernian, the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League.

Rangers supporters must also be on their guard against another enemy. The enemy within.

His name is Charles Green

This is a digusting piece. We've been screwed over by authorities, we've fought back from all this to play football again, signings are being made and Ally is so much happier now back in the dug-out yet everything comes back to the evil big bad Green.

The way he talks like Green creates the hatred for the likes of Regan is a disgrace, has he not seen their actions?

I will renew my season ticket with pride and i'm more confident than ever the majority will do likewise, Dingwal, Leggat and all the other cronies have lost.

As much as I take most things Leggat posts with a bucket of salt' date=' I thought Green's use of the word bigotry was unnecassary and dissappointing. Stick up for the club by all means but I feel that he is using this word to ingratiate himself with the doubters[/quote']

Bloody hell, you'd rather he do a Bain and just dilly dally round these issues?

What? Where did I say that? You're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 mate. As I said above' date=' I want Green to stick up for our club during this hard period but I just feel that the use of this word was uncalled for.[/quote']

Hardy a swear word, Celtic and Lennon in particular have played that card for years.

He isn't, he's bitter because his friends lost out on bying Rangers.

or perhaps he worried.

I listened to andy Cameron on Saturday. he was asked if c whyte was still involved and immediately said "definately"

then in Sunday I see he's in the directors box 3 rows back from green.

I think you need to realise their are people out there genuinely concerned. they might well be wrong but they are genuinely concerned.