TWO Rangers matches have been switched today with the news that the Light Blues league opener against Peterhead will be shown live on Sky.

The Ramsdens Cup tie between Falkirk and Rangers has also been moved, by a week to August 21.

Ally McCoist's side will now kick off at 12.45pm on Saturday August 11th at Balmoor in their first match of the Third Division campaign against Peterhead.

The club's second round tie in the Ramsdens Cup was drawn on Monday and matches were due to be played in the week of 14/15 August.

However the Gers will now travel to take on Steven Pressley's side a week later on Tuesday August 21 at 7.45pm.

The original dates clashed with an international week and a number of Rangers players would be liable to be involved.

Matches including Mexico v USA, N.Ireland v Finland, Slovenia v Romania and Scotland v Australia could all potentially involve Rangers players.

There are also under-21 and under-19 internationals that week with Lewis Macleod and Barrie McKay both involved for Scotland's under-19s against Germany at the Falkirk Stadium on August 14.

Peterhead v Rangers, 12.45pm, Saturday August 11

Falkirk v Rangers, 7.45pm, Tuesday August 21

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2866803

Guest Dutchy

I wonder how many game are going to be rescheduled due to clashes over the season.

I'd be happy to see games being moved to Saturday early KO's, but midweek is bound to cut the travelling support some.

I was intending on buying a season ticket purely because of the 3pm kick-offs. (I rarely get a Saturday or Sunday off but I can wrangle a 12pm finish most weekends).. the TV deal might ruin me :(

Doubt many homes games will be on TV, the market is in the aways.