Reporting Scotland Tonight.

Anyone watch this trash tonight?

First news item - SDM statement. Followed by Alasdair Lamont's voiceover over background of 53 pictures of Rangers employees and mention of "supposed" BBC-uncovered side letters, then Ally's statement followed by Alasdair Lamont raising the question of "if Rangers hadn't operated the EBT scheme, could they have afforded these players who won them these titles.

Next news item, the minor matter of the residents of Jedburgh trying to recover after being being devastated by a flood.

Next item, a wee bit on what is potentially the biggest day in many teenagers' lives tomorrow. The day they get they find out if they have qualified for Uni.

Then followed by ticket slumps at the Tattoo, then the Olympics.

The order of discourse within media coverage is recognised as important. There is a subliminal effect in that, and the last statement has the overwhelming effect. That's what remains in the mind.

So, basically, what our beloved state-funded Beeb did was:-

SDM statement.

Poo-hah - garbage! We've proved they are guilty as sin.

Ally statement.

Poo-hah.

They deserve to be hung out ... what's the sentence?

The order of discourse should also not be missed in that the producers of the Beeb decided that the upcoming SPL investigation into Rangers is of much more import than people being devastated by flooding, the future of our sons and daughters or, for example, the Olympics.

Makes you think about how well your licence money is being used, eh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01lp6t9/Reporting_Scotland_06_08_2012/

I was annoyed by the way he ended his report too. The bias from the BBC has been shocking. Nationally the BBC does try to give both sides, a concept which is largely being overlooked throughout this whole bloody mess.

I only caught the late night bulletin, and that under protest as my wife wanted to see the weather forecast otherwise I would not have endured that mob in my living room. But it was odd...they seemed to be rowing back a tad from their previous position of cut and dried. It's not usually hard to read the runes from them - Hoops good! Hunz bad! - but that was a little more muddied than usual. I wonder why?