Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

This is it for me in a nutshell. I desperately want for him to become a Rangers managerial legend too. But I certainly have my doubts, as most of us probably do.

I mean.... there were plenty who doubted Walter even AFTER he delivered success, so it is no surprise there are doubts about Ally.

And despite the fact that I consider failures last season relevant I was happy for him to be getting a fresh start in this low division, a chance with less pressure considering the quality of opposition to entertain us and win league titles while creating something for the future. But I'm just struggling to see any difference, the football and results are very poor at times, we probably will still get promoted simply because of the squad gulf but none of it bodes well for the long term.

I think the performace of the young guns in the 2nd half against Montrose was a real positive for the club, and maybe a sign that progress is being made.

Ofcourse you want to see that type of play for the full 90 minutes in every match but with so many youngsters playing crucial roles inconcistency will be a factor.

I also feel some of the more experianced players in the squad are letting Ally down by giving below par performance.

I take on board all the criticism leveled at Ally, a lot of which is justified but at this stage and for what it's worth I'm not ready to turn on our manager, he still has my support.

I think the performace of the young guns in the 2nd half against Montrose was a real positive for the club, and maybe a sign that progress is being made.

Ofcourse you want to see that type of play for the full 90 minutes in every match but with so many youngsters playing crucial roles inconcistency will be a factor.

I also feel some of the more experianced players in the squad are letting Ally down by giving below par performance.

I take on board all the criticism leveled at Ally, a lot of which is justified but at this stage and for what it's worth I'm not ready to turn on our manager, he still has my support.

i really don't see how you can blame the players.

Ok one game where we resort to long ball football then i could understand but we are consistently playing this long ball crap. Also the players don't pick the formation and we are effectively playing with one up front at home against a third division side. I understand there would be a period of transition but it would be a lot easier to accept if we were dropping points and out of competitions because we were setup in an attacking manner trying to play good football.

It's experienced players that Ally obviously pushed to sign. Another thing is would the youngsters still even be getting a look in if Ally had his way? Remember he was wanting about 5 or 6 new signings on deadline day.

Edited by simplythebest

It's experienced players that Ally obviously pushed to sign. Another thing is would the youngsters still even be getting a look in if Ally had his way? Remember he was wanting about 5 or 6 new signings on deadline day.

But by the same token had he got those 6 players in we could have been playing much more positive football. You cant beat him with one stick and take it away again for a different argument.

i really don't see how you can blame the players.

Ok one game where we resort to long ball football then i could understand but we are consistently playing this long ball crap. Also the players don't pick the formation and we are effectively playing with one up front at home against a third division side. I understand there would be a period of transition but it would be a lot easier to accept if we were dropping points and out of competitions because we were setup in an attacking manner trying to play good football.

If you read my post I clearly state that some of the criticism aimed at McCoist is justified, as is my point that some of the more experienced players in the squad have let McCoist down by not performing to the best of their ability.

The players need to step up and take some responsibility for the poor start.. As does the manager who ultimately picks the team, formation and style of play.

To say the players should be exempt from blame is ridiculous IMO

But by the same token had he got those 6 players in we could have been playing much more positive football. You cant beat him with one stick and take it away again for a different argument.

I fail to see how that is, our squad is hardly unequipped to try playing some decent football in a part time league. And the youngsters we're talking about like McKay and Aird are exciting young attacking players.

If you read my post I clearly state that some of the criticism aimed at McCoist is justified, as is my point that some of the more experienced players in the squad have let McCoist down by not performing to the best of their ability.

The players need to step up and take some responsibility for the poor start.. As does the manager who ultimately picks the team, formation and style of play.

To say the players should be exempt from blame is ridiculous IMO

Not exempt but imo the fault is lies more with tactics, formation and team selection rather than the 11 players on the pitch at the moment.