Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Whether you think he is right or wrong it is a fantastic post. Thanks for that.

Lets be totally honest. On the football front Ally has and is not doing too well. I agree with that. Last season was mentioned although it is suggested I shouldn't. The fact is, before everything started to rumble we were many points clear of anyone.

My boss has just told us that we will have work until 2014 and after that up to 400 of us will be getting laid off. As I work in an Industry that takes years to start up new projects, this is a fact and any change will be at least 5 years later. I can honestly say that the effect within our company has people totally shattered. Guy's who thought they had a job for life are going to be thrown on the unemployment heap. Even although we have work until 2014 the news has totally had a stress effect on many workers. I may be wrong but I can see in my situation the same situation that Rangers players felt last season. Even although you think you and your colleagues are psychologically strong it really does have an influence on your performance.

For me Ally does have some slack but he really does have to get things going from now on.

I still think it was a massive mistake to get the team training so late last season and do blame him for our Euro exit.

Whether you think he is right or wrong it is a fantastic post. Thanks for that.

Lets be totally honest. On the football front Ally has and is not doing too well. I agree with that. Last season was mentioned although it is suggested I shouldn't. The fact is, before everything started to rumble we were many points clear of anyone.

My boss has just told us that we will have work until 2014 and after that up to 400 of us will be getting laid off. As I work in an Industry that takes years to start up new projects, this is a fact and any change will be at least 5 years later. I can honestly say that the effect within our company has people totally shattered. Guy's who thought they had a job for life are going to be thrown on the unemployment heap. Even although we have work until 2014 the news has totally had a stress effect on many workers. I may be wrong but I can see in my situation the same situation that Rangers players felt last season. Even although you think you and your colleagues are psychologically strong it really does have an influence on your performance.

For me Ally does have some slack but he really does have to get things going from now on.

I still think it was a massive mistake to get the team training so late last season and do blame him for our Euro exit.

There's a big, pound shaped elephant in the room when it comes to the comparison between your situation and the Rangers players and management Pete.

"The fact is, before everything started to rumble we were many points clear of anyone."

that is not a fact. our implosion started in november, a full 4 months before we entered administration, in fact it can be argued the implosion started as soon as ally took over with defeats to maribor, malmo and falkirk after a shambolic pre season. disgraceful results from a squad who had won a double just months previous.

also, your comparison between your work and professional footballers from a multi billion pound industry who have a choice of millions of clubs worldwide is ridiculous to say the least. our players did not get years notice of possible redundancies either. i know for a fact the players and manager had no idea what was around the corner even as late as january.

There's a big, pound shaped elephant in the room when it comes to the comparison between your situation and the Rangers players and management Pete.

I agree there is certainly be a financial difference but I disagree the stress level will be any different. If a player was on 12.000 and suddenly has to do with 2000 then that is a big blow. Don't forget they have based their lives on a Rangers wage. Uncertainty breeds stress at any level.

"The fact is, before everything started to rumble we were many points clear of anyone."

that is not a fact. our implosion started in november, a full 4 months before we entered administration, in fact it can be argued the implosion started as soon as ally took over with defeats to maribor, malmo and falkirk after a shambolic pre season. disgraceful results from a squad who had won a double just months previous.

also, your comparison between your work and professional footballers from a multi billion pound industry who have a choice of millions of clubs worldwide is ridiculous to say the least. our players did not get years notice of possible redundancies either. i know for a fact the players and manager had no idea what was around the corner even as late as january.

I disagree. Ally and the players would have realised that all was not well in the garden long before the end. Believe me, I have worked for 3 companies that went to the wall. The workers know something is not right long before the end, but can do nothing to change it.

I agree there is certainly be a financial difference but I disagree the stress level will be any different. If a player was on 12.000 and suddenly has to do with 2000 then that is a big blow. Don't forget they have based their lives on a Rangers wage. Uncertainty breeds stress at any level.

Point is most people in that situation may need to worry about providing their families if they aren't in a job, these guys are multi-millionaires set for life and in an easy position to get another high paid job at another club. Anyway, the financial speculation was nothing new, it had been going on since 2008 and trophies were won, so I'm very skeptical about the idea they were effected until administration actually happened.

Point is most people in that situation may need to worry about providing their families if they aren't in a job, these guys are multi-millionaires set for life and in an easy position to get another high paid job at another club. Anyway, the financial speculation was nothing new, it had been going on since 2008 and trophies were won, so I'm very skeptical about the idea they were effected until administration actually happened.

Come on STB the Whyte Era was different to anything else we went through. We may not have known it as fans but do you honestly believe that the shadows were not whispering within Ibrox? Do you honestly believe that the whole finance department were not asking questions?

Come on STB the Whyte Era was different to anything else we went through. We may not have known it as fans but do you honestly believe that the shadows were not whispering within Ibrox? Do you honestly believe that the whole finance department were not asking questions?

Hard to say, I mean the general consensus was that it would all come down to the tax case outcome, the situation with Ticketus and not paying PAYE came as a shock, I don't even believe those skeptical about Whyte from the start honestly expected all that. Selling Jelavic was sore but hardly earth shattering, SPL club needing to sell to the Premiership.

We got knocked out of three cup competitions by September, we had a 9-15 point lead in November time and had dropped to 2nd by the new year. I think it's stretching to say that all that was down to worried minds.

Hard to say, I mean the general consensus was that it would all come down to the tax case outcome, the situation with Ticketus and not paying PAYE came as a shock, I don't even believe those skeptical about Whyte from the start honestly expected all that. Selling Jelavic was sore but hardly earth shattering, SPL club needing to sell to the Premiership.

We got knocked out of three cup competitions by September, we had a 9-15 point lead in November time and had dropped to 2nd by the new year. I think it's stretching to say that all that was down to worried minds.

You do not work up 14 mill tax deficit without there being rumours in the finance department. I am not pleading innocence for the players but that nobody within Ibrox knew that something was wrong is too far fetched for me.