Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

Regards the OP, he'll probably get to the end of season regardless. Then a big decision needs to be taken if he is to take us forward as performances simply aren't good enough I'm afraid

I don't think I've ever seen a post #1112 refer to the OP before!

I don't think I've ever seen a post #1112 refer to the OP before!

It is a few threads joined together so not totally an honest amount but you are right it must be near one of the longest threads on here.

Generally I'd say Super should stay, he'll short things out I'm sure. It would be a crying shame though if he continued with poor performances and somehow managed to dismantle the legend status he's acquired as a player.

Generally I'd say Super should stay, he'll short things out I'm sure. It would be a crying shame though if he continued with poor performances and somehow managed to dismantle the legend status he's acquired as a player.

If he fails as Manager he fails, he will never stop being Super Ally a club Legend and gentleman of the highest order.

If he fails as Manager he fails, he will never stop being Super Ally a club Legend and gentleman of the highest order.

Bravo.

John Greig is, rightfully, still a Rangers LEGEND, and always will be. And that is for what he did on the field of play. As manager he was poor and, rightfully, lost his job.

Ally's legendary status will, in my opinion, NEVER be dismantled. He may ultimately be a failure as a manager, but as a player and as an ambassador of the club at the lowest ebb in its 140 year history it will NEVER be dismantled.

Even if he fails as manager he will be remembered by me for the goals he scored, the efforts he put in, the joy he had to score for us, the performances, the patience when the "Judge", willingness to fight his way back, and for the modern-day Bill Struth call to arms that "We dont do walking away".

Never in my eyes will his legendary status be dismantled.

Seems to me like a nice way to put a full stop at the end of this thread...dream on eh?

Seems to me like a nice way to put a full stop at the end of this thread...dream on eh?

No point cotter. The folk who want to moan about and ultimately get rid of Ally will just start another one and another one and another one. That's why it all goes in this one place now.