Is Ally the Man for the job? - The McCoist Thread

You do not work up 14 mill tax deficit without there being rumours in the finance department. I am not pleading innocence for the players but that nobody within Ibrox knew that something was wrong is too far fetched for me.

Well that was and probably still is our basis for saying the transfer ban was too harsh, that one individual was commiting the crimes.

What went before is for the novelists, script writers, historians, lawyers, judges to sort out.

As it stands Ally has a second kick at the can, whether you or I like it or not.

Charles Green has that covered. Only time will tell..........

.........................bad hopeless bits, or needs & wants as I'd like to call it:

That we picked-up the players we did, but just not enough of them before the door slammed shut.

Didn't go into debt again, despite all our new found wealth!? (that's the sarcastic bit)

Not enough defenders?

Not enough quality defenders?

Not enough experience?

No pre-season?

We couldn't get on the field for all the politics off it!?

We're lucky to be playing at all (you can take that either way, if you like)

Small pitches? (no room to move, trying spread out and pass the ball, 1,2,3, opponents on you before you can take a breath, look up, pass)

Every game a cup tie, we're going to show them even if we have to kick them off the park to do it!?

Can't string two passes together, ball control, ball retention, can't get it out of our own end, passing back to the goalie all the time. Hoof it up the park.

Alexander's 30 second warning as he waves to the opposition that he's about to hoof it and hand it to them on a plate?

Never thinks about throwing it or kicking to a defender.

Hopeless you say, in ability and desire?

Inadequate, incompetent, despondent, bleak, Incurable, no possibility of solution, well

maybe so in this age of instant gratification.

The game is not dead in Scotland, we've only had our head in the lofty clouds way up there in the SPhell (where business men are gangsters and honest men are fools), where there is a real danger that it might collapse (if the attendance figures, viewing stats, amongst the very entertaining no score draws are anything to go by)

Meanhwile, back on earth in the lowly 3rd devision where we have to face these big bruising cluggers fresh from the highland leagues, Juniors or the English 4th division are ready to hurt you to a point just short of breaking a leg (maybe), they lay down artificial turf, slopping pitches, fierce open parks where the wind howls from 4 directions at once.

............Get the picture?

Well down here is the real game, the game we remember, wi' the jakits on the grund. (snotters up the sleeve, wit dae ye meen come in out the cauld....)

Good honest effort, heart and desire, and a will to just play the game.

Truth is, I forgot how good it could be...........

Somebody on here said it was a fresh start, clean slate, an opportunity, and so it is by god.

An old friend Doddie, who's son played somewhere in England, St. Johnstone & ended up at Ross County many moons ago used to say "it's a man's game. (sliding tackle, 50/50 ball, shoulder to shoulder, they shall not pass defending, what is that?) When we played it was a ba' ye hud tae kick no a bloody balloon". Remember when the bladder was hingin' out and the laces had knots in them? Must have been a big medicine ball, is all I can say.

Better than watching a bunch of fairy ballerinas swan diving, with one eye on the ref and another on the linesman while they roll over like they've been shot (strictly according to Hollywood rules, remember the cameras are watching). Crowding out the ref, arguing, pulling his shirt, protesting their innocence like some second rate 'B' picture con man that you can see through like a pain

of glass. How could you no see that was a penalty?

But I digress........

We already have the advantage, we've got McCoist! (........just said that to annoy a few folk)

But seriously........ we do. With our 20 year-old's, young guns, Captain Courageous, any SFL team would be grateful & proud of any 'one' of them.

I'd be doing them a dis-service if I was to that say I could not find way more +'s than -'s in all of them. All have been hot or cold at some point but the spark, the brilliance, the moves, a burst of speed, agility, the goals we've seen, (these laddies know where the net is!) heads up passing not always completed (but if it had come off) the ideas are there, the anticipation that next time if it comes off, real promise of quality from such young players. Coupled with the known, proven talent we've witnessed and acquired from other teams.

There is only one way for me and that is up through the divisions.

As Bill Struth said "we'll have our failures and days of anxiety" so it may not be a high speed elevator to the top, but we'll get there, in time.

I just don't see the hopelessness you speak of. :lover:

"The fact is, before everything started to rumble we were many points clear of anyone."

that is not a fact. our implosion started in november, a full 4 months before we entered administration, in fact it can be argued the implosion started as soon as ally took over with defeats to maribor, malmo and falkirk after a shambolic pre season. disgraceful results from a squad who had won a double just months previous.

also, your comparison between your work and professional footballers from a multi billion pound industry who have a choice of millions of clubs worldwide is ridiculous to say the least. our players did not get years notice of possible redundancies either. i know for a fact the players and manager had no idea what was around the corner even as late as january.

Millions of clubs worldwide ? On the salary levels they were on at Ibrox? You are kidding yourself on !

Point is most people in that situation may need to worry about providing their families if they aren't in a job, these guys are multi-millionaires set for life and in an easy position to get another high paid job at another club. Anyway, the financial speculation was nothing new, it had been going on since 2008 and trophies were won, so I'm very skeptical about the idea they were effected until administration actually happened.

Ness, McCabe, Wylde were Multi millionaires ? Either that is nonsense or we were paying youngsters far too much.....

Point is most people in that situation may need to worry about providing their families if they aren't in a job, these guys are multi-millionaires set for life and in an easy position to get another high paid job at another club. Anyway, the financial speculation was nothing new, it had been going on since 2008 and trophies were won, so I'm very skeptical about the idea they were effected until administration actually happened.

Even if they weren't affected till admin happened..... We were only 4 points behind in the league and still in contention. So it wasn't quite the disaster the :basher: have you believe

I must be missing the financial crisis this season that is causing us to be absolute crap away from home and get pumped out the wee cup by Queens.

Oh wait there isn't a crisis and we are in the best financial state for decades, but...........

Whether you think he is right or wrong it is a fantastic post. Thanks for that.

Lets be totally honest. On the football front Ally has and is not doing too well. I agree with that. Last season was mentioned although it is suggested I shouldn't. The fact is, before everything started to rumble we were many points clear of anyone.

My boss has just told us that we will have work until 2014 and after that up to 400 of us will be getting laid off. As I work in an Industry that takes years to start up new projects, this is a fact and any change will be at least 5 years later. I can honestly say that the effect within our company has people totally shattered. Guy's who thought they had a job for life are going to be thrown on the unemployment heap. Even although we have work until 2014 the news has totally had a stress effect on many workers. I may be wrong but I can see in my situation the same situation that Rangers players felt last season. Even although you think you and your colleagues are psychologically strong it really does have an influence on your performance.

For me Ally does have some slack but he really does have to get things going from now on.

I still think it was a massive mistake to get the team training so late last season and do blame him for our Euro exit.

It was a great post right up until the PS bit at the end, you can't have a debate then tell us we can't talk about certain bits because it doesn't suit one side of the argument.

Even if they weren't affected till admin happened..... We were only 4 points behind in the league and still in contention. So it wasn't quite the disaster the :basher: have you believe

After being 9 nine points in front a few weeks earlier it was a disaster and it wasn't getting fixed.

What went before is for the novelists, script writers, historians, lawyers, judges to sort out.

As it stands Ally has a second kick at the can, whether you or I like it or not.

Charles Green has that covered. Only time will tell..........

.........................bad hopeless bits, or needs & wants as I'd like to call it:

That we picked-up the players we did, but just not enough of them before the door slammed shut.

Didn't go into debt again, despite all our new found wealth!? (that's the sarcastic bit)

Not enough defenders?

Not enough quality defenders?

Not enough experience?

No pre-season?

We couldn't get on the field for all the politics off it!?

We're lucky to be playing at all (you can take that either way, if you like)

Small pitches? (no room to move, trying spread out and pass the ball, 1,2,3, opponents on you before you can take a breath, look up, pass)

Every game a cup tie, we're going to show them even if we have to kick them off the park to do it!?

Can't string two passes together, ball control, ball retention, can't get it out of our own end, passing back to the goalie all the time. Hoof it up the park.

Alexander's 30 second warning as he waves to the opposition that he's about to hoof it and hand it to them on a plate?

Never thinks about throwing it or kicking to a defender.

Hopeless you say, in ability and desire?

Inadequate, incompetent, despondent, bleak, Incurable, no possibility of solution, well

maybe so in this age of instant gratification.

The game is not dead in Scotland, we've only had our head in the lofty clouds way up there in the SPhell (where business men are gangsters and honest men are fools), where there is a real danger that it might collapse (if the attendance figures, viewing stats, amongst the very entertaining no score draws are anything to go by)

Meanhwile, back on earth in the lowly 3rd devision where we have to face these big bruising cluggers fresh from the highland leagues, Juniors or the English 4th division are ready to hurt you to a point just short of breaking a leg (maybe), they lay down artificial turf, slopping pitches, fierce open parks where the wind howls from 4 directions at once.

............Get the picture?

Well down here is the real game, the game we remember, wi' the jakits on the grund. (snotters up the sleeve, wit dae ye meen come in out the cauld....)

Good honest effort, heart and desire, and a will to just play the game.

Truth is, I forgot how good it could be...........

Somebody on here said it was a fresh start, clean slate, an opportunity, and so it is by god.

An old friend Doddie, who's son played somewhere in England, St. Johnstone & ended up at Ross County many moons ago used to say "it's a man's game. (sliding tackle, 50/50 ball, shoulder to shoulder, they shall not pass defending, what is that?) When we played it was a ba' ye hud tae kick no a bloody balloon". Remember when the bladder was hingin' out and the laces had knots in them? Must have been a big medicine ball, is all I can say.

Better than watching a bunch of fairy ballerinas swan diving, with one eye on the ref and another on the linesman while they roll over like they've been shot (strictly according to Hollywood rules, remember the cameras are watching). Crowding out the ref, arguing, pulling his shirt, protesting their innocence like some second rate 'B' picture con man that you can see through like a pain

of glass. How could you no see that was a penalty?

But I digress........

We already have the advantage, we've got McCoist! (........just said that to annoy a few folk)

But seriously........ we do. With our 20 year-old's, young guns, Captain Courageous, any SFL team would be grateful & proud of any 'one' of them.

I'd be doing them a dis-service if I was to that say I could not find way more +'s than -'s in all of them. All have been hot or cold at some point but the spark, the brilliance, the moves, a burst of speed, agility, the goals we've seen, (these laddies know where the net is!) heads up passing not always completed (but if it had come off) the ideas are there, the anticipation that next time if it comes off, real promise of quality from such young players. Coupled with the known, proven talent we've witnessed and acquired from other teams.

There is only one way for me and that is up through the divisions.

As Bill Struth said "we'll have our failures and days of anxiety" so it may not be a high speed elevator to the top, but we'll get there, in time.

I just don't see the hopelessness you speak of. :lover:

Good stuff Blinkyman and I like you love Ally to bits, the difference between us is I can look past Ally the Legend and look at Ally the manager and its not a pretty sight.